Re: ken bruce / radio4
Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:25 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Edel wrote:
aww look, part of the Morning Crew are back, niceeee

*waves to Edel*

Hello Sunny, all well in your part of the woods?

Fairly well, thank you. How's you?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:25 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Yes, werent they on a programme on radio4 promoting the last single?

Loose Ends or something?

Were they? I actually thought you meant Radio 2. I have no idea. Travis who?

hmmm , travis who indeed. Its beginning to get like that.

Ya know I'll always stand by Travis but I think its strange that their concert is 5 quid more expensive than the Muse one. And yeh I know its prob nothing to do with the band but doesnt make much sense to me taking popularity into account

What venues were they? Coz if Muse are playing huge venues, they can make more money as there are more tickets being sold even if they are cheaper.

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:31 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Edel wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Yes, werent they on a programme on radio4 promoting the last single?

Loose Ends or something?

Were they? I actually thought you meant Radio 2. I have no idea. Travis who?

hmmm , travis who indeed. Its beginning to get like that.

Ya know I'll always stand by Travis but I think its strange that their concert is 5 quid more expensive than the Muse one. And yeh I know its prob nothing to do with the band but doesnt make much sense to me taking popularity into account

What venues were they? Coz if Muse are playing huge venues, they can make more money as there are more tickets being sold even if they are cheaper.

I think Travis are playing a bigger venue than Muse are:0/ Plus its over an hour on the train from Copenhagen. 37 quid for a concert ticket. Luckily I got a cheap train ticket. Still its costing almost 70 quid and I know more people who would like to see them but they aint fans as such so they aint forking out that type of money. Then again there will be people in Odense who wouldnt come to Copenhagen for the gig.

Edit* Its 34 GBP for the Travis concert and 29 for Muse

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:32 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Edel wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Edel wrote:
aww look, part of the Morning Crew are back, niceeee

*waves to Edel*

Hello Sunny, all well in your part of the woods?

Fairly well, thank you. How's you?

Im plodding along missus, trying to sort out Uni shite *rolls eyes*

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:35 AM Quote
Edel wrote:

Uni shite? Now there's two words that go together really well. I'm done with 'uni shite' thank gawd.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:38 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
It doesn't seem like Travis themselves are too bothered about promoting their singles lately, they seem to be happy with their fanbase as it is, so why should the radios bother?

Just a point, not necessarily my opinion here.

they seem to concentrate more on the US and South America these days... given up on the UK? seems madness to me *shrug*

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:47 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Edel wrote:

Uni shite? Now there's two words that go together really well. I'm done with 'uni shite' thank gawd.

Yeah you are indeed lucky. With everything going wrong for me I think its a sign to drop out lol. I was supposed to have my thesis handed in August 31st but then I figured by changing to a different 'act' I could get more time without having to sit more exams. So I did that as was killing myself here and wasnt much of a life for the kids either. Then Uni decided I was missing a subject from the BA and wrote me out of the MA. They were wrong but at the moment I have to sit in on tutorials for this shite Ive already done. My tutor has vouched for me that I have already passed this subject but I need it to be made official before Im put back on the MA again. Blahhhhhhhhhhhh

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:49 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
It doesn't seem like Travis themselves are too bothered about promoting their singles lately, they seem to be happy with their fanbase as it is, so why should the radios bother?

they seem to concentrate more on the US and South America these days... given up on the UK? seems madness to me *shrug*

It's a shame, coz there's loadsa people in the UK who just think travis are a bunch of pussies. I'd be wanting to prove them otherwise!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:49 AM Quote
They were indeed on Radio 4. So they haven't been promoted at all on Radio 1?

There's not much promotion going on here either. They play their music on the usual stations, but they never even mention that there’s a gig next month.

As Edel says, the tickets are more expensive than the Muse tickets. The venue for Travis isn’t bigger. On the other hand, it holds about 5000 people, which is almost twice as much as the last gig in Copenhagen, and that gig wasn’t sold out. Hmm.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:52 AM Quote
Edel wrote:

Yeah you are indeed lucky. With everything going wrong for me I think its a sign to drop out lol. I was supposed to have my thesis handed in August 31st but then I figured by changing to a different 'act' I could get more time without having to sit more exams. So I did that as was killing myself here and wasnt much of a life for the kids either. Then Uni decided I was missing a subject from the BA and wrote me out of the MA. They were wrong but at the moment I have to sit in on tutorials for this shite Ive already done. My tutor has vouched for me that I have already passed this subject but I need it to be made official before Im put back on the MA again. Blahhhhhhhhhhhh

That sounds very complicated :s How did they make that kind of mistake? Will you be able to complete your MA from where you left off? Or start it all over again?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:54 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:

Ahh yes, I just read TWT's post in TChat. It seems very odd that they've been on Radio 4 which is largely a talk-based high-brow station. Why not Radio 2?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:56 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Hanne wrote:

Ahh yes, I just read TWT's post in TChat. It seems very odd that they've been on Radio 4 which is largely a talk-based high-brow station. Why not Radio 2?

Hmm strange, Radio 2 seems the perfect palce to promote em...

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:59 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:

There's not much promotion going on here either. They play their music on the usual stations, but they never even mention that there’s a gig next month.

As Edel says, the tickets are more expensive than the Muse tickets. The venue for Travis isn’t bigger. On the other hand, it holds about 5000 people, which is almost twice as much as the last gig in Copenhagen, and that gig wasn’t sold out. Hmm.

there is no promotion going on here whatsoever.... and they are playing in this weird club... no support band and after them, a DJ comes on ?? wtf !?!? although I'm glad it's a smaller venue than the HAllenstadion, it's odd.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:01 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Ursina wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

It's a shame, coz there's loadsa people in the UK who just think travis are a bunch of pussies. I'd be wanting to prove them otherwise!

aye lol , I was fully expecting for them to do a autumn UK tour.... odd

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 25 Sep, 2007 12:02 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Edel wrote:

That sounds very complicated :s How did they make that kind of mistake? Will you be able to complete your MA from where you left off? Or start it all over again?

Well theyre throwing the blame on me cos apparently if you want a BA certificate from Copenhagens University youve to ask for it?!? Now with other courses (not uni) Ive done they hand you a diploma as UCD in Ireland did with my BA. I was only updating my Irish BA to continue on MA here so I honestly didnt think of it:0/
My tutor said it has happened before as the wrong tutor gets the form to fill out, realises that he/she hasnt had that particular student, sends it back and its gets missing along the way. Some unlucky people have even had the results of their thesis before it gets figured out. Only positive thing is that they figured it out now with me. Whats annoying me is that they can be so quick with throwing me off the MA while its been investigated and now theyre so bleedin slow with updating my results. And I better only have to finish my thesis :O

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:17 PM