Travis

Re: Rant of the Day
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 5:22 PM Quote
Those lying bastards. That is annoying. I would write and ask them what is the dealio. "Little Children" is near the top of my queue and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Kate Winslet is such a fantastic actress. My husband has a crush on her. Heck, I do too so it's all good.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 5:29 PM Quote
My laptop is sooo broken! It'll take so much time and cost a lot of money to get this f*ckin' thing fixed!
What am I supposed to do without it?
Oh man, I think I'm gonna cry...

Aye, I know I sounded like a geek but it really made me mad!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 5:55 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Kate Winslet is such a fantastic actress. My husband has a crush on her. Heck, I do too so it's all good.

lol...me three...she's my 'female actress' crush! haha....know how men always have a mancrush (whether they admit it or not!) on a male actor?...they go see all their movies and think they are badass....(a few i've heard of: Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Nicolas Cage_...anyhoo yah Kate's my girl crush! haha...and then Cate Blanchett...and Rachel Weisz! ;P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 5:59 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Kate Winslet is such a fantastic actress. My husband has a crush on her. Heck, I do too so it's all good.

lol...me three...she's my 'female actress' crush! haha....know how men always have a mancrush (whether they admit it or not!) on a male actor?...they go see all their movies and think they are badass....(a few i've heard of: Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Nicolas Cage_...anyhoo yah Kate's my girl crush! haha...and then Cate Blanchett...and Rachel Weisz! ;P

I definitely have crushes on Kate and Cate- both for their beauty and talent. I also have a girl crush on Drew Barrymore. She's just so cute!

My husband fully admits a man crush on Hugh Jackman. I think he wants to be Wolverine.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 6:20 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I definitely have crushes on Kate and Cate- both for their beauty and talent. I also have a girl crush on Drew Barrymore. She's just so cute!

My husband fully admits a man crush on Hugh Jackman. I think he wants to be Wolverine.

Cate Blanchett- definitely! And then Julianne Moore. But most of all- Audrey Hepburn!
Goosey, Nicolas Cage? Are you serious?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 6:23 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

i know i thought the same thing! but my friend's boyfriend likes his movies...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 6:26 PM Quote
got rained out and there's no decent matinee to hit . Nicky Cage ? you guys are kidding

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 6:26 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

i know i thought the same thing! but my friend's boyfriend likes his movies...

Boys are weird... ;P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 6:44 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
So, if you have something that pissed you off today, however small or big, even if it's totally benal and won't matter tomorrow, please feel free to vent in this space.

I'll go first.

Feeling inspired by Weirdmom's picture last night, I decided to venture out to my neighborhood World Market in search for Jaffa Cakes. I hadn't tried them before, and I really wanted to, because they looked, and sounded tasty (tastey of you're a Fergie fan). Aisle after aisle, I looked: NO MUTHA-F*CKING JAFFA CAKES! I asked the lady at the front if she had heard of them or if they had any in stock. She said they sounded vaguely familiar, and she thought they might be a holiday confection. "You should check back in October maybe." So I left World Market, my last hope for finding Jaffa Cakes, with some Haribou gummy bears instead. *cue sad trombone*

Ah, "Jaffa Cakes--deliciously self-centered." Must be why Jean likes them. You can order them from The Vermont Country Store. http://www.vermontcountrystore.com Hey, there's another T-shirt--"Deliciously Self-Centered!"

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Ah, "Jaffa Cakes--deliciously self-centered." Must be why Jean likes them. You can order them from The Vermont Country Store. http://www.vermontcountrystore.com Hey, there's another T-shirt--"Deliciously Self-Centered!"

Elsbeth is going to love you for this link.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I'd rather just go to a local store and buy them, but thanks. I think I'll have to resort to buying them online. That's so weird... online cookies...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 20 Sep, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I'd rather just go to a local store and buy them, but thanks. I think I'll have to resort to buying them online. That's so weird... online cookies...

Tie on an apron and be Martha. Let's all make our own homemade Jaffa Cakes! I can't imagine they'd be the same. It'd be like trying to make homemade Twinkies. Put marmalade through a sieve? That should be fun. By the time you're done making them, your Vermont Country Store order will have arrived!

Jaffa Cakes recipe
ingredients
2 eggs
50 g (2 oz) sugar
65 g (2 1/2 oz) self-raising flour, sieved
approx. 60 ml (4 tbsp) marmalade, sieved
100 g (4 oz) plain chocolate
rind of 1/4 orange, finely grated
10 ml (2 tsp) corn oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) water

method
1. Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy; when the whisk is lifted the mixture leaves a trail.

2. If using a hand whisk put the bowl over a pan of hot water, then fold in the flour.

3. Spoon the mixture into 18 well-greased, round-bottomed patty tins.

4. Bake for about 10 minutes at 200°C (400°F) Gas 6 until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

5. Spread a little marmalade over each cake.

6. Put the chocolate, orange rind, oil and water into a bowl over a pan of hot water.

7. Stir well until melted. Cool until the chocolate starts to thicken and then spoon over the marmalade. Leave to set.

serving amount

makes 18

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 21 Sep, 2007 10:36 PM Quote
My rant of the day: people who think they need to come to a complete stop to turn into a shopping center. Yes, by all means slow down, but if I'm not tailgating or speeding and I have to slam on my brakes to not hit you, you've slowed down too much!!!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 21 Sep, 2007 10:39 PM Quote
my rant earlier had to do with the " captain obvious' " of the world! haha....it's a little cool out...so of course everyone is dressed warm in the office....pauletta had to mention "you're wearing a swearter" as my coworker karen walked by............???....well done captain obvious!

;P didn't get too huffy about it because i've worn that cape before! haha

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 21 Sep, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
Cyclists,

If you are gona use the road tyhen obey the fucking rules... RED LIGHT MEANS STOP, not stop unless you're a fucking cyclist, stop driving down one way streets and using the fucking pavement when it suits you, Either use the road or the pavement, not fucking both you bastarding moronic arse wipe!!!

Dubz
Nemo me Impune Lacessit

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:59 PM