Travis

Re: Rant of the Day
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
the guy at the job center who talks to me as if i were daft - i'm gonna change anyway, there's another one i get on well and who's kinda sexy.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 10:13 PM Quote
i think it's a few days due now Abs...MEOW! ;P

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 10:52 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
i think it's a few days due now Abs...MEOW! ;P

what d'you mean cute animal from southern cali ?

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 10:54 PM Quote
i mean you've been off 'hunting' for a few days now and i've missed you!! :D

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 10:56 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
i mean you've been off 'hunting' for a few days now and i've missed you!! :D

no need to hunt - guys are drawn to me

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:13 PM Quote
good thing Els and I associate with you! ;P

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
good thing Els and I associate with you! ;P

On a more serious note, you wouldn't believe how being polite and smile to ppl help - looking at ppl while speaking to them is something i recommend too.
I know it sounds rididulous to state something like this but ppl you come accross during yr regular life really appreciate a smile and being taken into consideration.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
some people refuse to crack a smile for you...it makes me sad....i struggle with eye contact when talking face to face with a person (unless it's someone i'm close to)....it feels too personal to me....is that weird?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:29 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
some people refuse to crack a smile for you...it makes me sad....i struggle with eye contact when talking face to face with a person (unless it's someone i'm close to)....it feels too personal to me....is that weird?

Nothing weird about it - i took a course about "speaking in public" and the teachers were actors.
Formidable experience.
They taught us about breathing, body language and looking at ppl when in a conversation.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2007 1:55 AM Quote
My rant for today. People who don't use turn signals. They're there for for a REASON!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2007 6:19 PM Quote
where's mr az ?

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2007 6:27 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
My rant for today. People who don't use turn signals. They're there for for a REASON!

What? The cars in your state come with turn signals???? I don't think they do in mine, because you never see them! :P

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2007 6:31 PM Quote
I'm so glad there is one of these threads today cause I've had a really crappy day and I'm in a bad mood. I've had a busy few months at work but today was just poo! I work in the Glass & Glazing business and I had to call so many customers today to tell them they weren't getting their glass because our machinery in the factory went down and that's a major headache if you can't get answers for customers and they're just nasty to you. I really wanted to cry!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2007 6:43 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

What? The cars in your state come with turn signals???? I don't think they do in mine, because you never see them! :P

yellow light means speed up

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 14 Sep, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Meridith wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

yellow light means speed up

I thought you hippies were so laid back that a stop wouldn't bother you. It'd be a time to reflect on the beauty of a telephone wire.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:44 AM