Travis

v-day in italy
franci
franci Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 10:04 AM Quote
yesterday in italy there was the V-day, a manifestation organized by Beppe Grillo which is a comedian but nowadays he is the only public person in italy who says how really things are. italy would be part of the civilized world, but italian politics is part of the third world... we have in our parliament 25 (!)outlaw members. 25!!!! they are guilty for crimes such as corruption, racism, fraud, association with the maphia, tax evasion, tangents... (mr berlusconi has one of all) and if even now that there is a different goverment, it wasn't able to change the situation.they are calmly there to make laws, people outlaw who make laws!! it's whithout sense, i know, but the horrible thing is that almost nobody knows it, because nobody says it!!! italian televisions, newspapers, journals an magazines are owned by people connected with political power (mr berlusconi has three major tv nets, and he influences the private tv, he has several journals etc etc) so if you watch tv or read newspapers you'll never know who really governs. so to return to v-day, it was a manitestation not pudlicized at all by any media, but only in the internet by grillo's blog and by volounteers which in 225 italian cities stamped leaflets and organized places for collecting signatures, to take a proposal of law to the parliament. this proposal us mede by 3 points:
1) people with problems with law can't be members of parliament.
2) a member of parliament can stay in office for no more than two legislatures.
3) party secretaries must be elected by citizens, not by members of their party.
these are normal rules for normal goverments, but in italy they aren't normal at all!
V is for "vaffanculo" that means "fuck you" and is for italian politicians.
on the internet it seems that they have reached almost 300.000 signatures, it's a big success, but until now any television news said soimething about it.
so, I hope I didn't bore you, but I thought that this was an important thing to say.

ah, TO ITALIAN BOARDERS: if you didn't sign, and if you want to, visit www.beppegrillo.it in the v-day section to know if in your city they are still collecting signatures!
so, thank you and let's hope that something will happen!

Re: v-day in italy
Trevis
Trevis Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 2:03 PM Quote
I'm not italian, but I understand what you say because here (in Argentina) we have always the same trouble with politicians and many of us have a special feeling with Italy because there are our origins.

IM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING
THINGS
FROM UPTIGHT-SHORT SIGHTED-
NARROW MINDED HYPOCRITICS
ALL I WANT IS THE TRUTH
JUST GIVE ME SOME TRUTH
IVE HAD ENOUGH OF READING
THINGS
BY NUEROTIC-PYSCHOTIC-
PIG HEADED POLITICIANS
ALL I WANT IS THE TRUTH
JUST GIVE ME SOME TRUTH
NO SHORT HAIRED-YELLOW BELLIED
SON OF TRICKY DICKY
IS GONNA MOTHER HUBBARD
SOFT SOAP ME
WITH JUST A POCKETFUL OF HOPE
MONEY FOR DOPE
MONEY FOR ROPE
IM SICK TO DEATH OF SEEING
THINGS
FROM TIGHT LIPPED-
CONDESCENDING -MOMMIES LITTLE
CHAUVINISTS
ALL I WANT IS THE TRUTH
JUST GIVE ME SOME TRUTH
IVE HAD ENOUGH OF WATCHING
SCENES
OF SCHIZOPHRENIC - EGO - CENTRIC
- PARANOIC - PRIMA - DONNAS
ALL I WANT IS THE TRUTH
JUST GIVE ME SOME TRUTH

Re: v-day in italy
Esteban
Esteban Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 2:06 PM Quote
Did John Lennon write and perform it in capital letters?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:36 PM