Travis

Andy Dunlop and family?
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 9:04 PM Quote
Yesterday and today at work the boss asked me to call a customer for some info about the order he placed with us..
She gives me his customer code and I check his details in the pc... name: Andrew Dunlop.
mmmhh... that's interesting. I wonder if it's really him or someone else with the same name.
Of course noone answered the phone and I gave up.
And I have also found another customer named George Dunlop (? if i'm not wrong..) living in Glasgow. I thought maybe it's a relative or maybe it's a coincidence.
Of course I didn't try to investigate and left all the address/phone nr details there.
We have also other famous names but I guess they're other people, like a Bruce Lee, a Michael Jackson and some funny names like Donald McDonald and Matthew Matthews. How can you call your son Matthew if you know his surname will be Matthews??

Re: Andy Dunlop and family?
Vince
Vince Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 9:28 PM Quote
andy's dad's called george. i've met andy's mum and dad a few times at the barrowlands gigs, they're nice :)

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 9:31 PM Quote
Vince wrote:
andy's dad's called george. i've met andy's mum and dad a few times at the barrowlands gigs, they're nice :)

nice, i'm tempted to call them and ask "hey are you his parents??" just to know if they buy from us

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 01 Sep, 2007 11:26 PM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
How can you call your son Matthew if you know his surname will be Matthews??

I've thought about that a lot of times. And I know people whose names are: Fernando Fernández; Gonzalo González, etc. That's ridiculous! xD

Stephie
Stephie Posted Sun 02 Sep, 2007 1:24 AM Quote
Yeah, that has always made me wonder too. I know someone named Thomas Thomas (same first name & surname) ... but you know, I never asked what his middle name might be. He's a heck of a nice guy though, and not resentful towards his parents at all for naming him that. Go figure.

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 02 Sep, 2007 7:40 AM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
Vince wrote:

nice, i'm tempted to call them and ask "hey are you his parents??" just to know if they buy from us

Go on , try phoning. Ooooh and let us know the outcome!

BettyPekker
BettyPekker Posted Sun 02 Sep, 2007 9:16 AM Quote
How can you call your son Matthew if you know his surname will be Matthews?? [/quote]
yeah, that's very funny... :)
Like these: Gaspar Gaspar, Laszlo Laszlo (there are Hungarian firstnames)...
I can't stand laughing if I hear names like these

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 02 Sep, 2007 1:41 PM Quote
My boss in work is called Andy Dunlop

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Sun 02 Sep, 2007 6:00 PM Quote
I used to work with a guy named Steve Martin, only his last name was actually pronounced "Mar-teen."

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sun 02 Sep, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Rain on the brain wrote:
Vince wrote:

Go on , try phoning. Ooooh and let us know the outcome!

noooo i won't !! i will ask if i have to contact them for something concerning my work..
but i can ask andy if they're them! (if i meet him)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:31 AM