Travis

Re: Please Be Nice.
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
I thought the first part was a good reminder to those of us who have been here awhile and/or posted a lot to be nice to newbies. I thought it was good.

I thought the second part was insulting and not sure what purpose it serves. I don't think it helps the problem to be rude to the people you perceive as the ones with the issue.

But that's just me. The rule I have for myself on this board (the only one I post on) is I am not going to write anything that I wouldn't say to your face.

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:31 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
Hi, we'll be nice, welcome

Seriously, are you allowed out on your own?

Well, sorry, but I was actually so tired when I read it I didn't actually take it in you arrogant twat

feri
feri Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 4:51 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:

I was just pondering a sticky 'newbies/introduce yourself' thread, so all newbies could be new together ... no? I mean, I wouldn't want them to stay there (like prison!) but if they made the first steps on a designated thread then perhaps people would be a little kinder in welcoming them ...?

That's actually a really great idea! And I've seen it on other forums...it seems to work well.

lulu07 wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
Hi, we'll be nice, welcome

Seriously, are you allowed out on your own?

Well, sorry, but I was actually so tired when I read it I didn't actually take it in you arrogant twat

Where have I read that before!!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 9:37 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
who wrote this post ?

Fran (wants to do a social experiment) lol

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 10:04 AM Quote
Dear Lulu

An arrogant twat eh? Oh well i guess there is enough evidence on here to support that argument.
However , id rather be that than retarded :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 3:13 PM Quote
Dear Lulu

An arrogant twat eh? Oh well i guess there is enough evidence on here to support that argument.
However , id rather be that than retarded :)

Debate & disagreement is one thing, but name calling seems a bit unnecessary.

In the wise words of "Me": Please be nice.

(or in the wise words of me, "Tonie", send each other pm's!!!)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 3:33 PM Quote
Stop attempting to break up conflict , makes the place dull LOL

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 3:36 PM Quote

I think it's becoming dull because people aren't posting as much because they are uncomfortable with conflict that involves name calling. I am always up for debates, disagreements, etc. but not if it involves trying to make someone feel bad on a personal level.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 3:43 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I think it's becoming dull because people aren't posting as much because they are uncomfortable with conflict that involves name calling. I am always up for debates, disagreements, etc. but not if it involves trying to make someone feel bad on a personal level.

Yeah lets not make jokes lets all live in a sugary sweet fairyland and all live happily ever after.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 3:46 PM Quote
Yeah lets not make jokes lets all live in a sugary sweet fairyland and all live happily ever after.

I love jokes, have a really dry sense of humor, use sarcasm often so that's not the issue. There is a difference.

Joana
Joana Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 3:47 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

You are a drama addict!!!You need help!!LOL

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 3:48 PM Quote
Lulu said what she thought of me , i responded in kind.
I really dont see whats to get bothered about.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 4:02 PM Quote

Now really Gladders, what is wrong with "sugary sweet fairyland"? (Sorry couldn't resist,LOL)

Can we please stop making an elephant out of a musquito? (Dutch saying, don't know if it got lost in translation) It is all quite simple:
Jokes= cool (even the sarcastic ones)
Offending people= uncool
Being a jackass in each post you make= not done at all

If there are any doubts, pm the poster and clear things up. Can we all please get back to normal? http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/roos4sanne/carebears02.jpg
The mother of all carebears, Sanne

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 5:00 PM Quote

Ha ha, v funny. I'm all in favour of debate leading to conflict. I just think that the conflict is far more interesting if name-calling/ abuse can be avoided! We're more intelligent than that, surely? And yes, I saw you were pretty choicely name-called yesterday. But I say, for what it's worth, rise above it.

As I see yesterday's conversation, you made an accurate observation about someone's (rather daft) post. You were called an ignorant twat for your trouble. You name called back, thus reducing yourself to a level that is (I'm guessing cos I don't know you), beneath your intelligence.

Rise above it! Think twice before you name call, that's all I'm saying. There are better put-downs :)

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 31 Aug, 2007 6:26 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Can we all please get back to normal?

What exactly is 'normal'?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:53 AM