Travis

Reaching Nirvana ...
rootless_tree
rootless_tree Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:59 PM Quote
Anyone else think that Andy just looks slightly like Kurt Cobain in the new video??? And that for some reason, Fran pulls off the moustache? Just a thought ...

Re: Reaching Nirvana ...
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:04 PM Quote
mind blowing comment i must say

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:25 PM Quote
Em... huh?

isma
isma Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:34 PM Quote
Retarded.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:38 PM Quote
isma wrote:
Retarded.

Haha, steady on Isma :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 1:51 AM Quote
A few months back someone found a post on another board that said that the people on the Travis boards were a**holes. I thought it was really funny and laughed because it so wasn't true.

But I gotta say lately I feel like if I was a new person I might agree with that post. Just feel like people are being super aggressive, especially towards new people.

Do I think the first post on this thread was profound? No. Do I think we should cut newbies some slack and just ignore their posts if we don't have something positive to add? Perhaps. They'll either think of better things to talk about or go away. But at least they won't leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

And it's sad that I am nervous about posting this because I am assuming I'll be attacked. Oh well.

Andrew
Andrew Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 2:01 AM Quote
Pregnant Kurt?

An interesting sort of thought

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 2:10 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
A few months back someone found a post on another board that said that the people on the Travis boards were a**holes. I thought it was really funny and laughed because it so wasn't true.

But I gotta say lately I feel like if I was a new person I might agree with that post. Just feel like people are being super aggressive, especially towards new people.

Do I think the first post on this thread was profound? No. Do I think we should cut newbies some slack and just ignore their posts if we don't have something positive to add? Perhaps. They'll either think of better things to talk abput or go away. But at least they won't leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

And it's sad that I am nervous about posting this because I am assuming I'll be attacked. Oh well.

haha...i lurked half the morning because i was afraid to post...then i said 'eff it' and posted my usual nonsense....i commented to Esteban that i've noticed some hostility towards the T chat haha. intense!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 2:57 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
haha...i lurked half the morning because i was afraid to post...then i said 'eff it' and posted my usual nonsense....i commented to Esteban that i've noticed some hostility towards the T chat haha. intense!

I am just trying to post my usual silliness as well and be positive but I feel nervous when I see a poster with a low number of posts because I'm afraid they're going to say something that will start this wave of crap. The maternal part of me wants to protect them and pm that most people are really friendly.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 3:07 AM Quote
Quote:
I am just trying to post my usual silliness as well and be positive but I feel nervous when I see a poster with a low number of posts because I'm afraid they're going to say something that will start this wave of crap. The maternal part of me wants to protect them and pm that most people are really friendly.

Hey, I'll get your back. I always try to be nice to new posters. Besides, If you don't reply the post will drop like a brick anyway. (Most of the time after I post, Call me the thread killah!) It's not like that one time Fran changed his hair and every other post was about HIS HAIR. Mother May I, now that was irritating. Hell, if I'd have seen the video I might even have an actual reply pertaining to the OT. It doesn't seem any worse than all the other intellectually stimulating conversations around here.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 3:14 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Hey, I'll get your back. I always try to be nice to new posters. Besides, If you don't reply the post will drop like a brick anyway. (Most of the time after I post, Call me the thread killah!) It's not like that one time Fran changed his hair and every other post was about HIS HAIR. Mother May I, now that was irritating. Hell, if I'd have seen the video I might even have an actual reply pertaining to the OT. It doesn't seem any worse than all the other intellectually stimulating conversations around here.

I want to be nice because we were all new at one time, right? And yeah, by commenting on how stupid a thread is, you're bumping it to the top! Just ignore it and it will go away!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 3:59 AM Quote
I always thought Kurdt was copying Mia Levin from Frightwig myself.

no need to pick on the teenagers

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 8:40 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Do I think the first post on this thread was profound? No. Do I think we should cut newbies some slack and just ignore their posts if we don't have something positive to add? Perhaps. They'll either think of better things to talk about or go away. But at least they won't leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

i'll second that!
I think a lot of the old(-er) boardies "know" each other a little, it makes it easier to understand the undertone in their messages. Newbies don't have that "advantage".
I also think it is quite weird that a lot of the people saying how they like TRAVIS cause they are so friendly and open, have such difficulty being friendly and open themselves. Makes me a bit sad.
(And i am not talking about the posts inspired by having shitty day. Everone has those every once in a while).

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 10:11 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
A few months back someone found a post on another board that said that the people on the Travis boards were a**holes.

Which one? Coldplay? Keane? Del Amitri? (what happened to those guys?)

I think an invasion is called for ;)

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Thu 30 Aug, 2007 11:12 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Which one? Coldplay? Keane? Del Amitri? (what happened to those guys?)

I think an invasion is called for ;)

Belle and Sebastian, here.

We should invade that board, it was fun when Del Amitri invaded ours!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:53 PM