lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 9:52 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
Esteban wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
Esteban wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
I have a challenge for Esteban while he's insulting our music: Write a song, find a band who are good at playing their instruments, sing the song while playing guitar, release it and see how many like you.

I'm not interested in being in a band though. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about a band or an artist does it?

Stroll on.

Saying though some bands have talent hidden in them even if you hate them, can't bleeding stand Coldplay but they have a good singer and stuff

I never denied anyone having talent, I just said I wanted to set them on fire.

Ok just don't set Daniel Radcliffe on fire I wouldn't be able to take my mates reaction

Is Daniel Radcliffe a band/artist?

Actor

Re: i kinda hate myself for liking...
lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 9:54 PM Quote
feri wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
A band can suck in your opinion but sometimes you can't deny they're talented

Just cus a band/artist is talented doesn't mean they are actually using their talent in their music. Why should you listen to a band that's not using their talent!? What a waste!

I liked Nelly Furtado a bit during her first and second album because she was different and her songs were real. I think she's talented, but she kinda sold out because her last album didn't do well, and now she's singing about the same old thing that everyone else is singing about.

I don't listen to bands I find sucky maybe you do, I hate coldplay. I just think they're talented

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 9:54 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:
Esteban wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
Esteban wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
Esteban wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
I have a challenge for Esteban while he's insulting our music: Write a song, find a band who are good at playing their instruments, sing the song while playing guitar, release it and see how many like you.

I'm not interested in being in a band though. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about a band or an artist does it?

Stroll on.

Saying though some bands have talent hidden in them even if you hate them, can't bleeding stand Coldplay but they have a good singer and stuff

I never denied anyone having talent, I just said I wanted to set them on fire.

Ok just don't set Daniel Radcliffe on fire I wouldn't be able to take my mates reaction

Is Daniel Radcliffe a band/artist?

Actor

http://i10.tinypic.com/6fqj790.gif @ you answering that sincerely.

feri
feri Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
isma wrote:

Anti Canada ? Why ?
Oooh You should listen to Broken Social Scene , Feist or Stars ! Awesome canadian bands ! ;-)

Don't get the hype about Broken Social Scene and Arcade Fire...I guess they're not my cup of tea.

Bedouin Soundclash=Awesome Canadian band

feri
feri Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:
feri wrote:
lulu07 wrote:
A band can suck in your opinion but sometimes you can't deny they're talented

Just cus a band/artist is talented doesn't mean they are actually using their talent in their music. Why should you listen to a band that's not using their talent!? What a waste!

I liked Nelly Furtado a bit during her first and second album because she was different and her songs were real. I think she's talented, but she kinda sold out because her last album didn't do well, and now she's singing about the same old thing that everyone else is singing about.

I don't listen to bands I find sucky maybe you do, I hate coldplay. I just think they're talented

This wasn't about whether I listen to 'sucky' bands or not. I just meant to say that, even if an artist has talent, their music can still suck.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
I love The Arcade Fire.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
feri wrote:

i agree! i was really disappointed to see her go in that direction...she always seemed content doing her own thing.

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:07 PM Quote
Thanks

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:10 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
feri wrote:

i agree! i was really disappointed to see her go in that direction...she always seemed content doing her own thing.

I didn't really listen to her old stuff but I like her new album

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:12 PM Quote
lulu07 wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
feri wrote:

I didn't really listen to her old stuff but I like her new album

Whoa Nelly! is a really good album, definitely worth a listen.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
As long as this thread isn't about your like for Mika, don't hate yourself goosey. It might detract from everyone else's hate for Mika ;)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:45 PM Quote
I think I generally have a wider taste in music than most others on here. I like lots of stuff. Well, ok I don't like rap music. Or most r&b stuff. Or dance. But...apart from that. =p

I like linken park for the most part. Some of their over-shouty stuff gets a bit tiresome sometimes.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:47 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I think I generally have a wider taste in music than most others on here. I like lots of stuff. Well, ok I don't like rap music. Or most r&b stuff. Or dance. But...apart from that. =p

I like linken park for the most part. Some of their over-shouty stuff gets a bit tiresome sometimes.

sometime..all the time...same difference! ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:49 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I think I generally have a wider taste in music than most others on here

That's a very bold statement indeed

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:52 PM Quote
awesome another High on Fire fan , they are so gonnnnnnnnnnna RAWK our eardrums out

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:40 PM