Travis

Re: Rugby World Cup
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:07 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

Went to Stade de France in March this year for the Scotland France match in the 6 nations, that was pretty awesome. Amazing stadium

amazing stadium indeed - went to Athletism world championship a few years ago and what a feeling !

frenchie88
frenchie88 Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:18 AM Quote
WALES 7 - 34 FRANCE!

Hey, good result!

In your opinion, who are the best for this cup?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:27 AM Quote
The usual suspects, the Aussies, The All-Blacks, Springboks have an outside chance and you have to give the home nation a mention too.

I don't think any of the other 6 nation teams will make that much of an impact, although... Scotland are returnng to form, Ireland have the Strongest team they've had in a long time, Wales and England are underperforming and the Italians would be happy to maybe come away with their pride.

Outsiders for shock upsets, Romania and Porugal.

Oh and I expect the Argies to come away with some scalps!!

That's my thoughts...

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:36 AM Quote
i think the All Blacks are certainty. Most of their players look like lab experiments, scary looking sods lol
But seriously , they have possibly the best team they have ever had.

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:42 AM Quote
All Blacks are almost shoe-ins for the World Cup. They have two world class starting 15's to choose from, and have already shown they can come to France and win.

Australia haven't enough about them these days, but write them off at your peril at a World Cup. South Africa are strong and tough, but don't have enough going forward. If you quiet down Habana, you quiet him down.

Of the European nations France are definitely the strongest. And home advantage means a LOT (See France '98 for the World Cup). Ireland were probably at their strongest in the last six nations. I think they've dipped a little and not enough to perform. England don't know their best team, and are stubbornly sticking with Farrell when the younger guns should play. Wales are too patchy, Scotland have no pace or creativity at the back, Italy are tough, and so on.

It'll be the same old quarter finals - Australia, New Zealand, France, England, South Africa, Ireland, Wales & Scotland. The only upsets will be if scotland are put out at the groups by the italians and Ireland are put out by Argentina - both possibilities.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:43 AM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:

Of the European nations France are definitely the strongest.

vive les français !

frenchie88
frenchie88 Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 6:06 PM Quote
Et oui, VIVE LES FRANCAIS! héhéhé!

I guess that France (because, they're at home, as it has been said before, just see France98 : a country unite for a team...), New Zealand (because their just the best) and South Africa (because their test matches were very interessting => big match against Scotland) are the best.

But, we have to be careful of Argentina, Ireland, England and Australia.

dee
dee Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 7:11 PM Quote
i'm being left house-sitting during it.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 7:14 PM Quote
frenchie88 wrote:

I guess that France (because, they're at home, as it has been said before, just see France98 : a country unite for a team...), New Zealand (because their just the best) and South Africa (because their test matches were very interessting => big match against Scotland) are the best.

tu fais quoi dans la vie ?

frenchie88
frenchie88 Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 8:20 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
frenchie88 wrote:

tu fais quoi dans la vie ?

je vais commencer mes etudes, un bts compta, j'ai 17 ans, motivé et voila tout! et toi???

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 27 Aug, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
frenchie88 wrote:

je vais commencer mes etudes, un bts compta, j'ai 17 ans, motivé et voila tout! et toi???

j'ai 37 ans - je cherche un taf dans la mode.
la compta quelle horreur - je détestais ça !

francks20
francks20 Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 3:21 AM Quote
My dad is going to France to see the RWC, I`m sure we pass the 1st round!. Be carefull France and Ireland, The Pumas are coming!!. Vamos Argentina!!

frenchie88
frenchie88 Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
frenchie88 wrote:

Aahahaha, j'aime la compta, pis c'est de famille, par contre la mode ca n'est pas pour moi, trop elitiste!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i'm being left house-sitting during it.

Wayhay, World Cup Whiskey Party at Dee's, hehe

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 28 Aug, 2007 9:37 PM Quote
frenchie88 wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
frenchie88 wrote:

Aahahaha, j'aime la compta, pis c'est de famille, par contre la mode ca n'est pas pour moi, trop elitiste!

et les stéréotypes tu connais ?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:27 PM