Travis

Re: Most Recent Word you found you were using Incorrectly
KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 12:22 PM Quote
A while back at a new job I had a few troubles doing certain things, but then whilst having a friendly chat with the manager I came out and said,

"Well you know what they say, familiarity breeds confidence"

To which she replied

"the saying is familiarity breeds contempt"

D'oh, in fairness I knew that but in the heat of the moment looking for an apt thing to say I got it all arse about face.

/And I used to say some things were 'Medicore' thinking that was an actual word. Turns out I'd misread 'Mediocre'.

michele
michele Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 12:47 PM Quote
Copenaghen, i used to write it this way till a couple of minutes ago when i discovered it must be written this way: Copenhagen. hope edel will forgive me!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 3:17 PM Quote
feri wrote:
how come I can never see your posts (to beatle babe)=/

Cos she never logs out of travis, so I go in and leave a post or something, and its in her name, then she gets annoyed, so I have to delete hers, and put my own back in - its like picadilly circus :D

lol

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 6:07 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
I see...I remember one time I was so embarassed, I was about 6 or 7, and had been given cheek from a teacher, who somehow thought I was a 'stupid bully' because I told someone to 'Leave me alone', so I lectured her on how I was a studious, well mannered and 'dilignent' pupil and always have been (even at that age!) and she says "David, I'm sorry, I think you mean dilligent" not my most shining time...

Haha that made me guffaw! Quite a lot for a kid of 6 to know the word 'diligent'!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:17 PM Quote

I was trying to hit you with some smart witty comeback but some times profanity prevails...

FUCK OFF YOU ABSOLUTE AND UTTER CUNT !!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:23 PM Quote
Well What do you know I just used the C-word incorrectly a C*nt is a useful thing unlike yourself

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:23 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Oh the intelligence ;)

I don't think you'd much recognise intelligence if it sat on you, held you down for two hours and explained who it was repeatedly and had you take an exam on that one sentence it was repeating

Surely if it sat on me, it wouldn't need to hold me down as well... eejit!

And also, what crawled up your arse and died?!? You fairly snapped there, and for no good reason really. As for the sly digs at me, well that's just plain rude! One big long response to me, and bitchiness to other boardies about me, after i post 3 words. Compensating for something are we?

Do you want the link for that other site i gave you again? I think you'd like it there!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:24 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Well What do you know I just used the C-word incorrectly a C*nt is a useful thing unlike yourself

LOL!!

Careful now.. Down with this sort of thing! Careful now..

happy_me
happy_me Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:30 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

Hey there - haven't seen you in a while! Mind you I haven't been on much myself lately - the posts are too retarded to even bother trying to have a half decent conversation with someone thats not a) about what people have been upto b) what their fave post is or c) how great travis is

thank you for considering me a retard, i'm choosing to take this personal since i often make posts asking people how they are, what they've been up to and talking about my favourite band. I AM NO RETARD!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
And retard isn't a very nice word to use at all. It's derogatory of people with special needs, and since i work with people with special needs, i find that offensive- and i bet i'm not the only one..

Less of it Dave

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:35 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
And retard isn't a very nice word to use at all. It's derogatory of people with special needs, and since i work with people with special needs, i find that offensive- and i bet i'm not the only one..

Less of it Dave

lets hope this evening dosen't end up crap with a bad atmosphere,

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:38 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

Hey there - haven't seen you in a while! Mind you I haven't been on much myself lately - the posts are too retarded to even bother trying to have a half decent conversation with someone thats not a) about what people have been upto b) what their fave post is or c) how great travis is

thank you for considering me a retard, i'm choosing to take this personal since i often make posts asking people how they are, what they've been up to and talking about my favourite band. I AM NO RETARD!

future mad scientist . just saying , Tard , is the new way saying it to yer friends .

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:39 PM Quote
It won't :) Just ignore anything negative and keep on with the community spirit.

Some people just need to be kept in line with what they say sometimes, and anyone can do it for the benefit of everyone. People have done it for me before (years ago- when i was slagging James Blunt, naturally ;) ) and i don't mind that, as long as nobody gets all stuffy about it if we try to keep this place clean with them and others.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:42 PM Quote
good, cos i love it here,

you're all a great bunch of people (well most of you)

(hey, did you notice i used the correct you're)

catch up tomorrow eve

happy_me
happy_me Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 10:42 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:

lets hope this evening dosen't end up crap with a bad atmosphere,

Actually, I quite like it here, but when certain individuals deem themselves better than the rest of the people here, it annoys me. Dave has a tendency to think higher of himself than what he actually is. He is in no way more intelligent than anyone on this board, he is no more intelligent than you and I. He constantly makes threads just to start arguments and contibutes to an all over bad atmosphere. If he doesn't find the conversations going on here he can go elsewhere, this is after all the Travis messageboard, not the Dave messageboard. If he wants to make an interresting and fullfilling conversation I suggest he starts a thread with the topic he wants to discuss.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:43 PM