Travis

San Fran friends...
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
Hello there...just wanted to hit you guys up for some suggestions on places to check out while my friends and i visit your city in a few weeks! =) Lookin' forward to it! ....

Re: San Fran friends...
Els*
Els* Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:30 PM Quote
*shopping in union square area
*go to north beach, japantown, fisherman's wharf, angel island, alcatraz, coit tower, berkeley, haight, cow hollow.
*ride the cable cars
*go see the giants
*go to the theater
*drink at a pub. san fran is full of pubs and restaurants.

check out pollstar san francisco, sfweekly, and flavorpill to get more options. there is always something to see and do in san fran.

out of the city. drive to half moon bay, muir woods, napa/sonoma, mountain winery, bodega bay.

if you like amusement parks, go to great american.

Els*
Els* Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:32 PM Quote
oh definitely go to the palace of fine arts and then on to the golden gate bridge. also, golden gate park is close the haight where you will find amoeba records.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:45 PM Quote
Well, if you are looking for the classic touristy things then you can't miss: Pier 1 (go on a Saturday-they have an amazing farmers market), Pier 39- check out the really cool street performers, Fisherman's Wharf, and China Town are all really neat, but crowded. The tour of Alcatraz is really cool, but can also be pricey and hard to get into. Let's see there are also tons of museums-my personal favorites would be the SF Museum of Modern Art and the Exploratorium. There is also of course the Golden Gate Bridge and Golden Gate Park where you can get some amazing views of the city. The Presidio is really pretty- it is a national park with lots of trails for hiking or picnicing. Then there is downtown San Francisco with tons of shopping and restaurants.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 5:57 PM Quote
thank you! i've written these down! can't wait to check it out...i've lived in california my whole life and have never visited san francisco...can't believe it!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 6:14 PM Quote
Hello !

check this : http://www.timeout.com/travel/sanfrancisco/

and don't forget to Gump's (135 Post Street - San Francisco, CA 94108 - Tel :1-800-766-7628) a gorgeous shop.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 06 Aug, 2007 10:37 PM Quote
Weds is when the street rags SF weekly & Bay guardian are on the streets , full of show info , resturants etc.......

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:57 PM