Travis

Re: Spot the Travis song!
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 5:51 AM Quote
Oh yeah, and 'Love Will Come Through' was featured on the trailer for Garden State, and in that freakin' annoying show about those self-obsessed doctors. *mumbles* damn you Grey's Anatomy...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 5:55 AM Quote
Ewww. According to IMDb, 'Follow the Light' was in Crossroads. You know, that movie Britney Spears made. That movie had some pretty heavy stuff for a Britney Spears flick. That movie was so... idiotic. Well, at least Travis got paid.

neverAcquiesce
neverAcquiesce Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2007 11:19 PM Quote
Here's a little video for fans of The Office that posted previously. It was finding this that turned me onto the band in the first place.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 7:18 PM Quote
They play the video for 'Closer' in the teen girls section of Nordstroms. I work in the mall and sometimes I eat at the cafe so I have to walk past the girls section to get there.

Stephie
Stephie Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
There was this show on The-N back in the day when they use to be good and not devote all their time to Decrappi... I mean Degrassi. It was called 24Seven and it was about these kids in this English posh boarding school.
Well, I found some episodes a couple weeks back on YT, and this show had AWESOME music, I was just too young (12 or 13) to appreciate it. It had Stereophonics ('Pick A Part That's New'), Radiohead ('High & Dry'), and our favorite Scottish Lads... Travis. They played 'Side,' and 'Sing.'

I remember that show too!!! I used to love the sexual tension between the Indian girl RA & the English boy RA. This was like 4 years ago ... whatever happened to the show, anyway?

marcela_lm
marcela_lm Posted Sun 19 Aug, 2007 9:32 PM Quote
There was this climax scene in a movie called Saved in 2004 with Mandy Moore and Mauculay Colkin too, kind of teenager film, where a baby is born, and you can hear in the back flowers in the window......the perfect song for that scene, it gave me the chills!!! the movie is not that good but it was worth it for that last scene with Travis song

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 3:42 AM Quote
Stephie wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
There was this show on The-N back in the day when they use to be good and not devote all their time to Decrappi... I mean Degrassi. It was called 24Seven and it was about these kids in this English posh boarding school.
Well, I found some episodes a couple weeks back on YT, and this show had AWESOME music, I was just too young (12 or 13) to appreciate it. It had Stereophonics ('Pick A Part That's New'), Radiohead ('High & Dry'), and our favorite Scottish Lads... Travis. They played 'Side,' and 'Sing.'

I remember that show too!!! I used to love the sexual tension between the Indian girl RA & the English boy RA. This was like 4 years ago ... whatever happened to the show, anyway?

Yeah, I loved 24Seven, you can find old episodes on YouTube now.

And I think you are referring to Chris and Anya. :)

gaby
gaby Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 3:55 AM Quote
The weight at the final of "Igby goes down"

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 3:22 PM Quote
neverAcquiesce wrote:
Here's a little video for fans of The Office that posted previously. It was finding this that turned me onto the band in the first place.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I needed that little Office fix; the new season is just around the corner. I loved it!!!!
What a great song to compliment the jam saga.....

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 3:22 PM Quote
neverAcquiesce wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I needed that little Office fix; the new season is just around the corner. I loved it!!!!
What a great song to compliment the jam saga.....

MaggieMae
MaggieMae Posted Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
Selfish Jean seems to be popular on Corrie, played in the kebab shop tonight and a couple of weeks back in the pub. Side played on Radio 2 this am.Evidence that I am sad and old but that Travis gets everywhere!!!

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Wed 22 Aug, 2007 12:20 AM Quote
I heard Closer this morning at the grocery store. I was giggling like a little kid through the dairy aisle at 7:30 am...nice way to start the day anyway...

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:01 AM