Travis

Atlanta show @ Tabernacle
MusicLovinJen
MusicLovinJen Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2007 1:36 AM Quote
I know a few people have already written reviews about the Atlanta show, but I just had to add my thoughts about the night.

This was my first time seeing Travis. I've been waiting 8 years to see them. It was well worth every minute of the wait, as well as the drive to Atlanta. (I'm from NC.)

When the doors opened, I got a spot standing in front of where Andy is, the second person back. (I was directly behind the couple expecting a baby.) The waiting and anticipation was a killer! Opener John Paul White was great. I really enjoyed his music. I'm looking forward to his CD being released.

I loved how Travis started the show ... coming through the audience while the Rocky theme is playing wearing robes. So cool! (By the way, does anyone remember the clip of music that was played before Rocky? I was trying to remember what it was later and couldn't think of it.) As soon as the lights went out, the crowd went crazy. I yelled and screamed all night long, along with screaming out the lyrics to "All I Want To Do Is Rock" and "Back In Black." My voice still hasn't fully recovered from all of that. ;)

I had a smile on my face the entire night. I was just so happy to finally see them. They put on one heck of a rockin' show. It was amazing!! They lived up to my expectations and then some. I've been to many, many concerts in my life and this is right up there at the very tip top. Wow, what an unforgettable night!

Highlights for me were - "Selfish Jean" (great opener), "Closer," "All I Want To Do Is Rock" (with Andy coming into the crowd), "Sing," "Turn," Dougie & Fran doing "Baby, One More Time" acoustically, acoustic "Flowers in the Window" with the whole band, everyone pogoing to "Why Does It Always Rain On Me" (I was worried about the building holding up though!) and "Back In Black."

The guys looked like they were having a really great time up there on stage as well. They were feeding off all the energy we were giving to them. I love to watch a band really get into and enjoy what they're doing.

After the show was over, I hung out by the buses with a lot of other fans. I was thrilled to be able to meet all of the guys. I was very surprised at how long they would stop to talk with people. I've met quite a few artists before and usually it's a rushed thing. It's so great that they took that extra time with their fans. It shows how humble and what great guys they are.

I also want to send some love out to the road crew. They work hard to get Travis ready for showtime. I'm amazed at all the equipment they have to load, unload and set up every night. They're also pretty handy with those flashlights. ;) I tried to get a set list after the show, but the security guys were kicking us out. As I was standing outside, one of the road crew guys came by and held one up. I please, please, pleased him and he gave it to me. Extra love sent his way!! Also, one of the crew came by with beer, wine and water. I was extremely thirsty. He wouldn't give any of us alcohol - understandable - but he was generous enough to give us all the water he had. Thanks a bunch!

I stood beside a girl named Michele and we talked while waiting. Michele, if you're on here, thank you so much for asking Fran to get Neil to sign my set list. It just wouldn't have been complete without his signature! I didn't get the chance to thank you for that, so I hope you read this. :)

Alrighty, I've rambled on long enough. I just want to thank the guys once again for such a wonderful night. I know it must be hard to be away from your families, so thanks for taking the time to come over to the U.S. and visit with us for a little while. Hope to see you again soon!

~ Jenny

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:28 AM