Travis

US iTunes store woes
rrjunior
rrjunior Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 1:00 AM Quote
Greetings-
I don't know about anyone else but I am completely frustrated with the US iTunes Travis catalogue. I visited the iTunes UK store and the Travis catalogue was fantastic- the US iTunes store is missing most of the singles, covers, b-sides, etc. and has albums that don't even belong to Travis listed. Any thoughts about how to get the US iTunes store fixed- there aren't many other ways for us in the states to get the band's singles, bonus tracks, covers, etc. Thanks for your feedback and help!

Re: US iTunes store woes
Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 1:57 AM Quote
rrjunior wrote:
Greetings-
I don't know about anyone else but I am completely frustrated with the US iTunes Travis catalogue. I visited the iTunes UK store and the Travis catalogue was fantastic- the US iTunes store is missing most of the singles, covers, b-sides, etc. and has albums that don't even belong to Travis listed. Any thoughts about how to get the US iTunes store fixed- there aren't many other ways for us in the states to get the band's singles, bonus tracks, covers, etc. Thanks for your feedback and help!

I share your iTune woes and frustrations! This might be a silly question, but can those of us in the States download from the UK site?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 1:58 AM Quote
You could write into customer service and ask.

loria
loria Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 2:17 AM Quote
last that i was aware, you had to have either an account with a credit card issued in the UK, or have a giftcard or code specifically purchased from the UK in order to order from that store. I have also felt the frustration with UK releases being virtually unavailable in the US itunes store, and I personally love itunes otherwise! it's really worse with other artists, like idlewild, where it's almost impossible to get any of the singles here in the US.

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 2:56 AM Quote
loria wrote:
it's really worse with other artists, like idlewild, where it's almost impossible to get any of the singles here in the US.

idlewild never have any luck haha

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 5:20 AM Quote
I don't think I ever seen a single on the U.S. site with B sides available.

You can only purchase from the store where your account/address exists.

rrjunior
rrjunior Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 5:50 AM Quote
Yeah- I understand that you can only purchase from the store your account is created in (in my case the US store). I just wish it was possible for those of us here in the States to have access to all of the band's material that is included in the UK store. Its hard enough (and plenty expensive) to try to order imports from retail stores overseas. I would just love to be able to purchase the rest of their catalogue. Glad to know I'm not alone in my frustration. Hope everyone is well and thanks for sharing your thoughts and advice! Perhaps the band and their people will come to our rescue. Cheers!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 5:57 AM Quote
But my first point was, why don't they even have U.S. B-sides??

Or do they and I've just never seen them?

Every single I've bought was just the one song.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 9:54 PM Quote
My brother does customer service for iTunes so I emailed him and asked how he would respond to this question/complaint. He wrote me back and said:

As for the iTunes request, trust me I'd like to be
able to purchase from other stores as well but lawyers
and what not prevent it. You could post this link
which is for people to request content be added to the
store.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 1:26 AM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
My brother does customer service for iTunes so I emailed him and asked how he would respond to this question/complaint. He wrote me back and said:

As for the iTunes request, trust me I'd like to be
able to purchase from other stores as well but lawyers
and what not prevent it. You could post this link
which is for people to request content be added to the
store.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

Thanks for this info. and link. I just sent my request. Maybe *fingers crossed* if enough of us request it, iTunes will hear us out!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 4:25 AM Quote
I think it will definitely take a number of requests. New board project?

rrjunior
rrjunior Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 5:47 AM Quote
let's do it. message board to the rescue- perhaps?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 4:14 PM Quote
I suggest starting a new thread and putting in sample text so people can cut and paste, click on the link, and submit it really quickly.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:47 AM