Travis

Tabernacle & Cameras
MusicLovinJen
MusicLovinJen Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 2:29 PM Quote
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm going to be seeing Travis for the first time at The Tabernacle in Atlanta. (I am so excited! I have been longing to see them for quite a few years now.) On the website, it says something about no digital cameras. I was wondering if anyone else has been there and if they really do enforce this. I'm good at getting my camera in if they do. I just wanted to see how well I need to hide it. ;) I really want to get some shots of the guys. Thanks for any information you can give me!

Re: Tabernacle & Cameras
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 4:26 PM Quote
MusicLovinJen wrote:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm going to be seeing Travis for the first time at The Tabernacle in Atlanta. (I am so excited! I have been longing to see them for quite a few years now.) On the website, it says something about no digital cameras. I was wondering if anyone else has been there and if they really do enforce this. I'm good at getting my camera in if they do. I just wanted to see how well I need to hide it. ;) I really want to get some shots of the guys. Thanks for any information you can give me!

You will be fine with your camera. I don't think anyone else on the board have ever had any probs getting their cameras into the venue.
:)

MusicLovinJen
MusicLovinJen Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 5:19 PM Quote
Thanks for the reply. Sometimes the venues are really picky with the camera policy, but the artists are totally fine with it. I'll discreetly keep it out of sight until I see how the security guys are at the door. :)

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 3:50 AM Quote
musiclovinjen, i'm guessing you're a girl? i didn't check out your profile, but yeah. what i did, was, my camera has a strap on it, that you just put your wrist through yknow? i took that and tied it round and round the center of my bra yknow? sorry to say..in between my boobs. and so the camera was just hanging down there in between. and i wore two shirts, the outer one very very loose. and then when the security guard got up to me, i held up my water bottle, i asked him if it was alright if i could bring it inside. but i KNEW he would say "no". my friend just told me that security guards like to find one problem on each person. so that would be my problem. i think he patted me down, but only very slightly under my armpit and my waist. and then said "here sweetie, come this way" haha. so i was clear!! other ppl got their cameras in too, but i don't know how they did it :) hope that helps? cuz although the ppl inside would be more lenient to you taking photos cuz of what Fran says, the outer guards might not have gotten the notice?

MusicLovinJen
MusicLovinJen Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 4:15 AM Quote
Camera strap wrapped around the middle of the bra's a new one to me. I may just have to give that a try! LOL I've worn a hat and stuck my camera up under it before. I've also very cleverly concealed it in my purse when I've taken it in the venue. The guard even made some comment about not being able to hide a camera in a purse that small. Little did he know!

kevinnn
kevinnn Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 5:30 AM Quote
everytime i go to a gig, i get told to remove every object (except my clothes) and put them on the floor. then they pat your waist, and go 'enjoy the gig' and walk away, and you have to pick everything up looking like a twat. grr

TALIA
TALIA Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 7:14 AM Quote
alyrtle wrote:
musiclovinjen, i'm guessing you're a girl? i didn't check out your profile, but yeah. what i did, was, my camera has a strap on it, that you just put your wrist through yknow? i took that and tied it round and round the center of my bra yknow? sorry to say..in between my boobs. and so the camera was just hanging down there in between. and i wore two shirts, the outer one very very loose. and then when the security guard got up to me, i held up my water bottle, i asked him if it was alright if i could bring it inside. but i KNEW he would say "no". my friend just told me that security guards like to find one problem on each person. so that would be my problem. i think he patted me down, but only very slightly under my armpit and my waist. and then said "here sweetie, come this way" haha. so i was clear!! other ppl got their cameras in too, but i don't know how they did it :) hope that helps? cuz although the ppl inside would be more lenient to you taking photos cuz of what Fran says, the outer guards might not have gotten the notice?

that it such a wonderful idea! to fool the guards! to beat the system lol

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:34 PM