Travis

Re: Fran isn't it illegal filming and taking pics at gigs?
Unocrew
Unocrew Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 10:25 PM Quote
It all depends what the band's policy is on audio/video recording. Many bands allow AND encourage it (DMB, Phish, 311, etc.) It really is the best FREE promotion you can get! After what I saw in NYC a few weeks ago, I really hope that the guys will fight to allow "open taping" This means that us tapers can bring in our gear, put our mics on a stand.. and do our best to provide a high quality recording to be TRADED amongst the fans.. there's no selling anymore.. especially when you can get everything for free.
GRJ

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Thu 26 Jul, 2007 1:30 AM Quote
I thought it was glorious in Chicago after Andy's guitar solo (in the crowd) when Fran referred to it as "Youtube gold!" Gotta love that. . .

Are
Are Posted Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:33 PM Quote
I have the opinion that ANY audio, video and photographs from concerts, recorded by fans, WILL RARELY harm record or video sales. The quality is very seldom more than just OK, so that people who download this "illegaly" are likely someone who already have bought most of the artists albums and videos, and want to explore the artist more.

This is the case for me, and I believe this to be the case for most of the people downloading audio and video bootlegs.

Travis and Independiente have at least earned a lot of money on my curiosity.

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Wed 12 Sep, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
I have to say that the security at the Tabernacle in ATL didn't say one word to us and we had a freakin' Canon digital SLR 8 mp camera and were taking video with a Canon Elph. But then, the Tabernacle is one of the coolest venues in this country. So I had to give much love to the Tabernacle staff for being cool and even more love to Andy for rocking out in front of us to make the pictures extra great. And to Fran for coming over to our side so we could get some good shots of him as well. Here's two of my faves amongst many.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1332/968669827_7c4443ee67.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1012/969528060_4b4dd9ea0e.jpg

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 9:13 AM