Travis

Fran isn't it illegal filming and taking pics at gigs?
Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 5:21 AM Quote
You are asking for videos of the gigs to be put on youtube, I thought it was very illegal or is it legal if the bands say we can? or is it just a "who cares, everybody does it"?

Re: Fran isn't it illegal filming and taking pics at gigs?
BettyPekker
BettyPekker Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 9:02 AM Quote
:)

BettyPekker
BettyPekker Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 9:03 AM Quote
:)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 9:46 AM Quote
Fran has said its not in his post.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 4:56 PM Quote
It's only illegal if you sell your pics or recordings.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 5:57 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
It's only illegal if you sell your pics or recordings.

Not true...it's illegal on You Tube per their agreement and illegal since you agree not to film by buying the concert ticket.

But Fran said it was okay at the concert last night...and I have it on video...first post should be up in a few minutes. :)

Fran
Fran Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
Well when we tell the audience at venues that they can film the security guards stop hassling people so I guess it is up to the band. I will ask today what the official line is. Thanks for asking

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:29 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Well when we tell the audience at venues that they can film the security guards stop hassling people so I guess it is up to the band. I will ask today what the official line is. Thanks for asking

Yes, I remember your last gig in Italy that security stopped being nasty at us after you said that we could take the pics. But maybe upload it on the internet is different..?
Well, thanks for replying, and let us know what the official line is!

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:36 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

The "line is fine"...sorry, I couldn't resist.. ;)

I wouldn't worry about it Fran...not sure how anyone could benefit/lose from my crappy videos being on YouTube. For me, and I'm sure the people at the concert last night, it is all about re-living the wonderful experience of seeing you guys live. Security was great the whole night (One was right in front of me...).

btw...my wife is distraught that she was so flustered at meeting you that she forgot to wish you a happy birthday...it's the same day as her mother's.

Just imagine she's saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in this picture...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1011/870998489_97fad6be04_o.jpg

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:39 PM Quote
anyway, youtube is one of the most beautiful things existing on the internet.

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:15 PM Quote
Rain on the brain wrote:
anyway, youtube is one of the most beautiful things existing on the internet.

Oh yeah!!

alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 3:41 AM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
Fran wrote:

The "line is fine"...sorry, I couldn't resist.. ;)

I wouldn't worry about it Fran...not sure how anyone could benefit/lose from my crappy videos being on YouTube. For me, and I'm sure the people at the concert last night, it is all about re-living the wonderful experience of seeing you guys live. Security was great the whole night (One was right in front of me...).

btw...my wife is distraught that she was so flustered at meeting you that she forgot to wish you a happy birthday...it's the same day as her mother's.

Just imagine she's saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in this picture...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1011/870998489_97fad6be04_o.jpg

cute picture!

feri
feri Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 4:47 AM Quote
The security guy at the Toronto show was being so annoying he even came up to me and said 'I'm watching you, better not record anything' and I wasn't even recording...like chillax dude.

Thank God Fran said we could record cuz it made the security guards shut up and stop with the whole 'tough' act.

I don't know how all of you upload your videos on youtube, last time I tried to upload a one minute video, it was taking few hours so I gave up=/

LME2005
LME2005 Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 8:53 PM Quote
I'll fully admit to having taped 20 and everyone yelling at Klaus at the 9:30 club show last week-but it's just on my teeny camera, so while the sound is pretty good, it looks grainy on google video. (but awesome on my laptop)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1457162218357256824
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6919008096593179809

Most of us aren't shooting with professional cameras, and a crowd shot has all kinds of issues. It's not as if the folks that make videos on their cameras or cell phones aren't buying everything that's coming out or making/stealing profits from their grainy 2 minute video-but I guess I can see where the music suits are coming from....kinda...sorta.

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
I hope to take photos and video at the Atlanta gig this Sunday. I have a Canon Elph Powershot SD400 which I can easily hide if needed, but I would love to take my Canon Digital Rebel XT for some clear and high quality shots. What would everyone believe the likelihood of me sneaking in a larger camera would be? Not likely I am sure. Just not familar with thr Tabernacle policies.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:48 AM