Travis

myspace
elodie
elodie Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 3:51 PM Quote
Hi!

I've just put on www.myspace.com/elodieband two new songs... let me know how you feel about them! thanks

Re: myspace
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 3:57 PM Quote
I like your voice.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 4:00 PM Quote
Hi there

I really like your actual singing voice, and True friend is quite relaxing.

However (heres where I'll be hated - well, hated further) I do think that the harmonics of True Friend could do with being tightened up, and there was a slight problem with tuning in there. Also although very nice, your voice could do with slightly better enunciation, or perhaps the mic/recorded be revised - I wanted to hear better what you were singing.

Blue Waves - not my sort of thing, though quite good. Thought again that the instruments need tightened up a bit - theres the odd delay and missed quarter beat (just because I'm a bit OCD about music) I thought perhaps timing could have been improved. Enunciation and lyrics were much easier to grasp though.

How do you work? alone? with PA? Band?

Thanks for letting me listen :)

elodie
elodie Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 4:07 PM Quote
thank you for your comments!!
infact I work with Garageband with my macbook.
I play the guitars then I mix everything with the voice... the result has to be increase though :S

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 4:09 PM Quote
elodie wrote:
thank you for your comments!!
infact I work with Garageband with my macbook.
I play the guitars then I mix everything with the voice... the result has to be increase though :S

Ahh yes its the sort of trial-and-error fashion isn't it? But the things you can acheive even via that method can be pretty spectacular. I used to compose orchestra-style peices of modern influence and thats how I started out. Mind you haven't done it in years....

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Hi there

I really like your actual singing voice, and True friend is quite relaxing.

However (heres where I'll be hated - well, hated further) I do think that the harmonics of True Friend could do with being tightened up, and there was a slight problem with tuning in there. Also although very nice, your voice could do with slightly better enunciation, or perhaps the mic/recorded be revised - I wanted to hear better what you were singing.

Blue Waves - not my sort of thing, though quite good. Thought again that the instruments need tightened up a bit - theres the odd delay and missed quarter beat (just because I'm a bit OCD about music) I thought perhaps timing could have been improved. Enunciation and lyrics were much easier to grasp though.

How do you work? alone? with PA? Band?

Thanks for letting me listen :)

I would agree with most of what he said. There is some definite tightening that could happen on all the instruments and vocal parts but I think you have a lovely voice and I am impressed that you are 16. I think you could have some great songs if you keep growing and challenging yourself.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 4:15 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I would agree with most of what he said. There is some definite tightening that could happen on all the instruments and vocal parts but I think you have a lovely voice and I am impressed that you are 16. I think you could have some great songs if you keep growing and challenging yourself.

Someone...who agrees...with...me....even though I'm being...negative...I....I......Systems shut down... :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 5:12 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Someone...who agrees...with...me....even though I'm being...negative...I....I......Systems shut down... :P

I didn't think it was negative- just constructive. I was thinking similar critiques but wasn't quite sure how to phrase it. I didn't want to hurt her feelings because I think she does have some talent. So I was glad you said it and I could just go, yeah, I agree!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 5:15 PM Quote
ahh sneaky sneaky.

Well I have to agree with you...and me...she has got a very relaxing voice - especially for one so young...mind you i'm only 20 myself...have to get rid of that Grandad complex...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 5:17 PM Quote
Yes, sneaky and I suppose wimpy. And to warn you 20, is totally old. You might as well start going my "pop" right now.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:16 PM