Travis

Ben Stiller
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 5:15 PM Quote
In the Faceculture interview (see that thread for the link) the interviewee asked them why Ben Stiller played cowbell on one track. I looked in the liner notes and saw that they thanked him but didn't see him get credited as playing cowbell on any of the tracks. Does anyone know which track and also how the journalist knew about it?

Re: Ben Stiller
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 6:02 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
In the Faceculture interview (see that thread for the link) the interviewee asked them why Ben Stiller played cowbell on one track. I looked in the liner notes and saw that they thanked him but didn't see him get credited as playing cowbell on any of the tracks. Does anyone know which track and also how the journalist knew about it?

Could it be New Amsterdam perhaps? I was having a wee look at the back of the booklet and I didn't even know that KT Tunstall was backing vocals on Under The Moonlight!!!

lulu07
lulu07 Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 9:33 PM Quote
I saw him in a rapper's vid today, i was just flicking and saw him

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 9:40 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Could it be New Amsterdam perhaps? I was having a wee look at the back of the booklet and I didn't even know that KT Tunstall was backing vocals on Under The Moonlight!!!

Maybe. None of the songs feature the cowbell in the insane way they're featured in the Blue Oyster Cult song that started the whole joke.

I figured it was some known female doing the BGVs on "Under the Moonlight" since they usually don't feature women doing the harmonies but was surprised to see that it was her because it doesn't sound like her at all.

Fran, if you're reading this, I am happy to do KT's part when you come through Austin! ; )

(I will now retreat to my fantasy world...wait, I'm already there!)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:

Maybe. None of the songs feature the cowbell in the insane way they're featured in the Blue Oyster Cult song that started the whole joke.

I figured it was some known female doing the BGVs on "Under the Moonlight" since they usually don't feature women doing the harmonies but was surprised to see that it was her because it doesn't sound like her at all.

Fran, if you're reading this, I am happy to do KT's part when you come through Austin! ; )

...this reminded me of when i saw snow patrol in march...they had a fan come up and sing martha wainwright's part for "set the fire to the third bar"...this fan was enthusiastic to say the least and was trying to get freaky on stage..poor gary jumped into the croud and finished the song from there! lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:53 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:

...this reminded me of when i saw snow patrol in march...they had a fan come up and sing martha wainwright's part for "set the fire to the third bar"...this fan was enthusiastic to say the least and was trying to get freaky on stage..poor gary jumped into the croud and finished the song from there! lol [/quote]

Don't give me fuel for my fantasy!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 11:31 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

I heard that it didn't make it onto the album- they're saving it 'for a later project' or something like that

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 3:52 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I heard that it didn't make it onto the album- they're saving it 'for a later project' or something like that

Thanks. That makes sense since it seems like something they would credit if only for the humor factor.

martina
martina Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 7:28 AM Quote
but.. isn't the cowbell at the very end of Sailing Away? *perplexed*

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 1:18 PM Quote
martina wrote:

I don't know. Maybe that's why it's not in the liner notes- because it's on the hidden track. *equally perplexed*

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2007 9:47 PM Quote
martina wrote:

I just listened to it again and I couldn't hear a cow bell. There's a bell but that's a ship bell. Don't know what it's called but it's not a cow bell.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:01 PM