Travis

Re: Things that scared you when you were a child
Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 7:06 AM Quote
spiders and they still do. Especially the big hairy ones.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 7:18 AM Quote

I was born in '73 so I grew up with the whole threat of the cold war and Global-Thermo Nuclear War, it used to scare the shit out of me. Oh and by the way the governments knew this and certain governments are still up to the same tricks... The years after 9/11, anyone? maintainting a state of terror within your people may make them behave but it's also a pretty shitty thing to do when a nine year old cries themelves to sleep, because you've managed to scare the shit out of them !!

BettyPekker
BettyPekker Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 7:43 AM Quote
I agree with Scottish Dubliner.

Living here (in Hungary) is frightening because of the politicians... They don't help you, they are just selfish and steal anything that they can: your money, your life because the the taxes you have to work a lot, but your salary/wage is not enough to go home and relax. You must have another job if you want to stay alive.
The taxes are almost the highest in Europe and the salaries and wages are shit. It's not enough to study hard you have to be the best, the most beautiful and the youngest... Maybe you've got a chance but I don't think...
You can't enjoy your childhood because you can heard from live how difficult it is...
Sorry for making a complain

BettyPekker
BettyPekker Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 10:53 AM Quote
UFOs and ghost

harry potter
harry potter Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 11:29 AM Quote
my wife jonesy finds any kind of puppet or doll really creepy so i'm sure she'll enjoy this trailer i found for the 70s movie "Magic" which starred Anthony Hopkins and his dummy.

Magic

per youtube:

This is a rare TV spot for the 1978 thriller, MAGIC. Networks received so many calls from angry parents complaining that the commercial was scaring the hell out of their children; the spot was pulled from prime time broadcast

Sunny
Sunny Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 1:03 PM Quote
Clowns. I still shiver when I see one.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 1:17 PM Quote
i dont know the film, but i remember watching it as a child, there was a nun with no face sitting in a rocking chair in a tower, that was the most frightening thing ever to me. and also seeing the Omen, even though it was in black and white, it was still scary

cmr
cmr Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 2:27 PM Quote
dark, kidnapping, ghosts.. =S

isma
isma Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 4:17 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Clowns. I still shiver when I see one.

Ewww as well . i hate that - Probably because of this bloody movie (i.e 'It')

Or When i was child i had fear of the fire alarm of the firemen and dolls .

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 5:16 PM