Travis

Old Member name and details...
weilandsgurl
weilandsgurl Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
hey!

Just wondering if any of you know to get your old member name/password back? I was a member way beck when the site was still shiney and new and had to re register when the site was changed/updated a while ago... lost all of my threads and posts (which included one from Fran) ... Can anyone help me at all? Would be most grateful =)

PS... tried searching old threads (my name was dimples back then) but the archive only goes back a year! =(

Re: Old Member name and details...
Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:46 PM Quote
Unfortunately you can't get your old threads back, but can't you register again under your old username? Or has someone else taken it?

weilandsgurl
weilandsgurl Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:00 PM Quote
Hey! Thanks for the reply =)

I tried that already but it didn't work and I think maybe someone already has taken that user name over? If that's possible? It was registered to my email address after all so I'm not sure?? (I dont think there is a search member list facility on here is there?) I'm just gutted I lost my posts and threads =(

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:04 PM Quote
weilandsgurl wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the reply =)

I tried that already but it didn't work and I think maybe someone already has taken that user name over? If that's possible? It was registered to my email address after all so I'm not sure?? (I dont think there is a search member list facility on here is there?) I'm just gutted I lost my posts and threads =(

If it's registered to your email address then i'm not sure someone could have taken it. Nope, there's no member list on here.
Try adding your query to the Web Team's thread at the top of the page and they might get back to you ... or they might see this thread and reply here.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:08 PM Quote
Hey Clare.

Did you try signing in with the old username/password? All the ones from the 'old' board got transferred over to the new one (the board came up in May, but it said we all joined the 20th April...) so you could try that if you haven't already?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:11 PM Quote
Someone help me out here. I've been around so long that every board is blurring ... is this the first or second board that we've had passwords for?

weilandsgurl
weilandsgurl Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:11 PM Quote
Hey Sunny Hey Paul =)

Sunny... I will try emailing or writing to the web team, thank you =)

Paul, I can't remember my old password otherwise that would have been the first thing I would have tried... Im keep on trying different one's in a bid to maybe get back in there! lol Thanks for the suggestion though, appreciated! x

weilandsgurl
weilandsgurl Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:13 PM Quote
Sunny,

im pretty sure that way back when i was first a member, we had passwords? I'm going back years now mind... trying to remember some of the members that were about then in a bid to make myself not look like a giant ass! lol

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:16 PM Quote
weilandsgurl wrote:
Sunny,

im pretty sure that way back when i was first a member, we had passwords? I'm going back years now mind... trying to remember some of the members that were about then in a bid to make myself not look like a giant ass! lol

I remember back in 2002/2003 I suggested having passwords and everyone shot me down in flames, so I presumed there had never been any password facility.

*edit*

weilandsgurl
weilandsgurl Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
IM sure my old user name was dimples... could have just been my usual everyday boring name, but I tried both of those already lol
If it helps, I was a member just before Travis appeared on the Apocolypse Tube... that's what... at least 5 myabe 6 years ago or something? lol

weilandsgurl
IM sure my old user name was dimples... could have just been my usual everyday boring name, but I tried both of those already lol
If it helps, I was a member just before Travis appeared on the Apocolypse Tube... that's what... at least 5 maybe 6 years ago or something? lol

weilandsgurl
If it helps, I was a member just before Travis appeared on the Apocolypse Tube... that's what... at least 5 maybe 6 years ago or something? lol

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
"dimples" rings a vague bell ... (sorry, lol!)

i'm still unsure of the password situation. are you thinking of a chatroom password? we definitely had passwords for chat.

weilandsgurl
weilandsgurl Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:25 PM Quote
ARRRgghh, how much of a dumb ass am i? I shouln't have been so vague!! lol... yeah, I meant for the chat forum hun... sorry, my bad =( I lost all of my threads and posts/replies and really would like to get em back if anyone at all can help me?

Sunny
Sunny Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
weilandsgurl wrote:
ARRRgghh, how much of a dumb ass am i? lol... yeah, I meant for the chat forum hun... sorry, my bad =(

Arrrgghhh ... I thought I was going mad! Hehehe. But I just remembered we had passwords for the last board ... I think ... but I don't remember how they were set up - probably just email confirmation and the usual way, I expect. I can't remember much tonight, I'm going crazy, I think I'm going senile in me old age ...

You can't get your threads/posts back though, sorry.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:22 PM