Travis

Re: Live Earth
baby faced woman
baby faced woman Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 9:28 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
baby faced woman wrote:
Keane show was great! :)
I like a song called " somewhere only we know" !

hmm.. i was a bit disappointed by them... I've heard better performances of Somewhere only we knows by them. Sounded a bit off I think...

hmmm I see...

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 1:09 PM Quote
I loved when Keane played "Bedshaped" she's one of my favourite! And hearing Wembley singing "Oh Oh Ooohh" was so beautiful!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 1:26 PM Quote

Tree Hugging Hippies...

Why the feck are they asking the normal man to take the hit, turn things off standby, boil half a kettle at a time, etc., etc., blah, blah, de fuckin' blah. When companies, conglomarites and all these other industries are raping the world, why ask me to make a difference, how about asking Shell or Exxon or whoever. All this goes on while our Governments tell us they're making a difference while taking huge fucking handouts form the bastards!!!

Fuck it, I'm not gonna be here to see the world turn to shit, I'll be long gone. plus I didn't break it, it was like this when I got it!!

threeamigos
threeamigos Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 1:58 PM Quote
watch most if not all at http://www.liveearth.msn.com/concerts :)

MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 3:14 PM Quote
not surprisingly, yesterday delta (one of the major american airlines) announced their new green efforts. As i fly them almost excelusively, i'm pretty happy that they're at least trying.

"Customers who purchase a ticket at delta.com can choose to contribute $5.50 for domestic roundtrip flights and $11 for international roundtrip flights to be used by The Conservation Fund to plant trees throughout the U.S. and abroad"

"Delta also launched a comprehensive on-board recycling program that expands beyond traditional aluminum can recycling to include all aluminum, plastic and paper products on domestic flights into Atlanta. The program includes recycling newspapers, snack containers, soda cans and water bottles. Proceeds from Delta’s expanded recycling program will continue to benefit Habitat for Humanity.

In the first two weeks of the program, Delta flight attendants recycled approximately five tons of material."

so there's ONE corporation trying to make a difference.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 08 Jul, 2007 4:20 PM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:
not surprisingly, yesterday delta (one of the major american airlines) announced their new green efforts. As i fly them almost excelusively, i'm pretty happy that they're at least trying.

"Customers who purchase a ticket at delta.com can choose to contribute $5.50 for domestic roundtrip flights and $11 for international roundtrip flights to be used by The Conservation Fund to plant trees throughout the U.S. and abroad"

"Delta also launched a comprehensive on-board recycling program that expands beyond traditional aluminum can recycling to include all aluminum, plastic and paper products on domestic flights into Atlanta. The program includes recycling newspapers, snack containers, soda cans and water bottles. Proceeds from Delta’s expanded recycling program will continue to benefit Habitat for Humanity.

In the first two weeks of the program, Delta flight attendants recycled approximately five tons of material."

so there's ONE corporation trying to make a difference.

So people have to pay an extra 5.50 or 11 dollars ??

There are penalties or tax breaks in Europe if you recycle most of your waste and the fact that the hippies will choose to travel with them.. makes me wonder if maybe they're actually doing it cause they care about the environment (cynical, moi??)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:20 PM