Travis

Austin, Texas
Els*
Els* Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 12:12 AM Quote
am i the only one that did not know?

so i'm browsing for a hotel room for july 26th and i'm wondering what is going on in austin. found it!

It's already time to plan for Summer NAMM, July 27–29, 2007, in Austin, Texas. The "Live Music Captial of the World" sets the perfect scene for our industry's second gathering, drawing buyers anxious to check out the latest music gear and products by day and catch the hottest music and entertainment by night.

so off to scramble to find a hotel room that hasn't been price gouged.

6th street is gonna be filled with industry types on the 26th, 27th, and 28th of july.

Re: Austin, Texas
MemphisQueen
MemphisQueen Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 4:08 PM Quote
I had to hunt to find a decently priced one within stumbling distance of stubbs.....used hotwire in the end! :)

Shows at stubbs are always great and it's the one i'm looking forward to most on this tour b/c of it's small size....woo hoo!

are you going to dallas and houston, too?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 4:29 PM Quote
Els* wrote:
am i the only one that did not know?

so i'm browsing for a hotel room for july 26th and i'm wondering what is going on in austin. found it!

It's already time to plan for Summer NAMM, July 27–29, 2007, in Austin, Texas. The "Live Music Captial of the World" sets the perfect scene for our industry's second gathering, drawing buyers anxious to check out the latest music gear and products by day and catch the hottest music and entertainment by night.

so off to scramble to find a hotel room that hasn't been price gouged.

6th street is gonna be filled with industry types on the 26th, 27th, and 28th of july.

There's ALWAYS some festival/convention going on that fills downtown with suits or nutballs. Or usually both at the same time. I'm sure you can find something. I'll be at the Austin show so perhaps we can say hello.

Els*
Els* Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:09 PM Quote
MemphisQueen wrote:
I had to hunt to find a decently priced one within stumbling distance of stubbs.....used hotwire in the end! :)

Shows at stubbs are always great and it's the one i'm looking forward to most on this tour b/c of it's small size....woo hoo!

are you going to dallas and houston, too?

lol. i ended up using priceline and bid on a 4 star hotel in downtown. i got the hyatt out with the bats on congress. hahaha that will be an intersting mile walk back to the hotel. stumble stumble dodge the bats. hehe

yeah stubbs is great. good times at stubbs. i hope its not 90 degrees cause the heat is gonna be a bitch. i wish i had more time to visit austin and also to go to the schlitterbahn and kayak in new braunfels. ompah! i've been reading about floods down there. the river will probably be awesome in a few weeks.

no dallas. i'll be at the houston show.

Els*
Els* Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 8:32 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

There's ALWAYS some festival/convention going on that fills downtown with suits or nutballs. Or usually both at the same time. I'm sure you can find something. I'll be at the Austin show so perhaps we can say hello.

no doubt about that. but was kind of excited that it is NAMM. guess things have gone south for them. :p j/k NAMM has held workshops in LA and NYC in the past. my LA friends have been telling stories about NAMM for years.
I'll be the paparazzi snapping pictures of all the rockstars there for the workshops. Surely some will be wondering 6th street on thursday.

well who knows if we will meet up. i don't have definite plans about what i'm doing except that i will be at stubbs no later than 8p. my sis and i have a few friends we are meeting up with. i think i'm gonna book a flight that will get me in by noon or so.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:28 AM