Travis

Re: Which Boardies Would You Like To Meet?
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:17 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
I'd like to meet Elliott! After all this time!

Also, skimming through the posts, who's that in AbsoltPurples Avatar? I'd like to meet her ;o)

it's an old picture of Linda Evangelista

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:35 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Oh aye- upstairs at the Horseshoe :) then Travis come on to play a gig in their old rehearsal space

Small people at the front!!!

Yes and Dutch people too!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:49 PM Quote
Observation : People saying who they'd like to meet is always going to cause a ruckus or people to be upset when they feel they should be on other people's lists. These sorts of threads only ever go bad, because no-one can possibly remember EVERYONE they'd like to meet/get along really well with. Inevitable.

This is why I don't make an effort to be likeable, so people won't disappoint me when threads like this crop up ;-)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:50 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Observation : People saying who they'd like to meet is always going to cause a ruckus or people to be upset when they feel they should be on other people's lists. These sorts of threads only ever go bad, because no-one can possibly remember EVERYONE they'd like to meet/get along really well with. Inevitable.

This is why I don't make an effort to be likeable, so people won't disappoint me when threads like this crop up ;-)

Now i know who i don't wanna meet !

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:53 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

It must be a shit feeling, but it's only the internet ;-)

None of this is real!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

None of this is real!

The good thing about the internet is that you can easily hide your faults. So at least you won't be disappointed in person? Mah.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:56 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

None of this is real!

The good thing about the internet is that you can easily hide your faults. So at least you won't be disappointed in person? Mah.

Exactly, it's not real. Thank God for the people who are as flawed online as they are in the outside world.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:57 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

None of this is real!

Exactly, it's not real. Thank God for the people who are as flawed online as they are in the outside world.

i'm nicer online

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 6:59 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Esteban wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Esteban wrote:

None of this is real!

i'm nicer online

Haha, good on yer.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 7:28 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Anywhere that flies to London, i'm sure could fly to Glasgow just as easily!

I can say from experience that it's cheaper to go to London. However, accomodation is probably cheaper in Glasgow.

Anyway, isn't the Horsehoe a bit small for a convention? We'd have to be a rather exclusive crowd to fit in if the band's gonna be there as well.

How many boardies are there anyway?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 7:30 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Anywhere that flies to London, i'm sure could fly to Glasgow just as easily!

I can say from experience that it's cheaper to go to London. However, accomodation is probably cheaper in Glasgow.

Anyway, isn't the Horsehoe a bit small for a convention? We'd have to be a rather exclusive crowd to fit in if the band's gonna be there as well.

How many boardies are there anyway?

Accommodation is more plentiful in London. It's reasonably priced too, if you look hard enough.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 7:33 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Accommodation is more plentiful in London. It's reasonably priced too, if you look hard enough.

What do I know about that anyway; I've only been to London for about a day and a half, staying with a friend. My knowledge of travelling to London is mainly based on Ryanair and the fact that I've spent too many hours at Stanstead before heading for Prestwick :o)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:21 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Here here.

There are more people NOT on that list than on it. Not worth getting upset over really.

I suspect (I HOPE) I'm nicer in reality than on here! I don't set out to offend anyone here, far from it, but I'm less worried about speaking out. It's safer to be controversial to boardies on line than to people you're close to in your "proper life".

(which does say rather worrying things about my personal life. better stop right there- oops!!!)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:23 PM Quote
I know who I DON'T want to meet, but they are on a different board haha. Thank fuck.

Orangegirl
Orangegirl Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 9:25 PM Quote
On this board? I would like to meet Isma, Talia and Haz!

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:18 PM