Re: Selfish Jean UK Chart Position??
kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 1:30 PM Quote
voted a few times, so lets hope it works

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 4:11 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
I don't know if it's just me but I think they couldn't promote this single very well.But that's what it looks like from where I'm standing.I don't see the video as often as did I Closer and I haven't come across with any news about it anywhere.But I would like to hear the impression over there from UK boardies of course.

I'm not that good on ppls expectations and good and bad but I think another Selfish jean ( as in having 2 , maybe one from selfishjean.com) Vid mite be a good idea......

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 11:55 PM Quote

midweek chart

travis - selfish jean (between 16 and 20)

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 12:03 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
paul_c wrote:
It seems to be very accessible, and a lot of people i know who don't really "get" Travis like that song

seriously they say they don't "get" travis??

Loads of people don't like Travis. They see em as boring and naff. Therefore don't understand why they are a band.

yah that actually makes sense...my friend today asked me if they're big or if it's just cultish...cuz you don't hear about them at all here in the states.

Grelar
Grelar Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 3:50 AM Quote
I've done my due diligence and voted for them 50 times. I also couldn't stop myself from taking votes away from Pink and the Goo Goo Dolls. <shivers>

mayfly
mayfly Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 4:21 AM Quote
kevinnn wrote:
chart positions mean nothing

Chart positions mean many things in the business even though fans don't mind. Sad to see TBWNN disappeared on the chart last week. Can the Selfish Jean push them back on?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 9:16 AM Quote
kevinnn wrote:
chart positions mean nothing

I'd say chart positions means more like everything than nothing. If Travis aren't in the charts, people aren't going to hear them. We need to get Travis back up the charts. Both single and album charts.

dejr26
dejr26 Posted Fri 13 Jul, 2007 6:33 PM Quote
I'd guess around no:22 but hope it will be higher.
It's a great chart friendly hit but sadly Travis don't get the mainstream attention they used.
The media (and Radio 1 in particular) in general seem to be a bit funny like that, they get bored quickly and move on the next latest band that they think is trendy so up to a point it wouldn't matter how amazing the single was, it wouldn't get them anymore attention.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:42 AM Quote
tbh - anything top 20 would be sensational these days.

10 years ago, this would have been a top five banker. But people are bored, the chart is crammed with junk like this awful 'Umbrella' thing that's about to get its 10th week at #1. I've just watched my other big musical love, Ash, crash and burn with their second single. First one was a creditable top 20, second one, #32. Then the (excellent) album limped in at #32, too. It's a f***ing joke.

Travis, to get a top ten single and top five album with a style of music that so deeply unfashionable at the moment, did INSANELY well a few weeks ago. I'm only starting to appreciate that.

Selfish-Matthew
Selfish-Matthew Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 12:44 PM Quote
In my mind chart positions are not about how good the songs are more about but this may be amazingly obvious but how much money the record generates.

I know that I've not said anything you didn't know but what I'm getting at is, lets face it the majority of people I know who buy singles all like to get flavour of the month front cover NME music so that they can be part of the trend.

Travis are never going to fit that bill because I'm 18 and I feel like one of the young fans!

What would be amazing would be if we all had a democratic free vote on our favourite songs of the week that way to poor students among the masses could vote for their favourtie album even if they don't have £12 to spare. And the chart would reflect everyones favourite music, not the musical preferences of those with more money than taste.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 1:38 PM Quote
Selfish-Matthew wrote:
In my mind chart positions are not about how good the songs are more about but this may be amazingly obvious but how much money the record generates.

I know that I've not said anything you didn't know but what I'm getting at is, lets face it the majority of people I know who buy singles all like to get flavour of the month front cover NME music so that they can be part of the trend.

Travis are never going to fit that bill because I'm 18 and I feel like one of the young fans!

What would be amazing would be if we all had a democratic free vote on our favourite songs of the week that way to poor students among the masses could vote for their favourtie album even if they don't have £12 to spare. And the chart would reflect everyones favourite music, not the musical preferences of those with more money than taste.

Great Idea Mathew- Lets hope someone takes it up! The real chart.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 9:59 PM Quote
aarrgh! I hate the charts so much, there's so much rubbish around and the decent music never seems to get anywhere. What is wrong with people these days?! They have noooo taste.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
Hmm I think the charts are the best they have been in years, Arctic Monkeys will be up there this week, people like Kate Nash and Jack Penate get high up the last week , theres alot more sorta indie music getting into the charts than there has been since like Oasis and Blur where at there peak , i mean i dont like em much but a band like Biffy Clyro get a few top ten singles is quite amazing. Travis well i just dont get it i think alot of it may be down to the timing etc , I think Closer was a poor first single and just set them up to get slated and stuff, If this had been the first single then it would have got top 5 i think and then maybe opened the door for the next few singles to get high . As for Ash I love em but the new stuff isnt up there with the amazing singles output they have had before.

I think its all about being tactical and who ever is puttin out Travis singles since 12 memories has been really stupid in there timing and order the put stuff out. If they had realesd "Love will Come Through" "Somewhere else" and " How Many Hearts" or somthing form 12 memories they prob wouldnt be like this just now.

Anyways rant over lol I actually dont care that much i think im just bored

Re: TWT Travis Merchandise Request
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:44 PM Quote
Agree....'Somewhere else' would have been great single and I agree about what you say about the order being right too....Still , I think they could release any one track off TBWNN and it would reach a position in the charts and in that respect although I love Selfish jean and Closer , I think other tracks might have a higher chart success. ( except Out in space)

Pages Previous 1 [

Re: TWT Travis Merchandise Request
Edel
Edel Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:49 PM Quote
Ok twas heh

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 3:34 PM