Travis

how will we know if bad weather cancells gig
kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 8:31 PM Quote
i am going to the forest gig on the weekend, if the weather is bad, (flooding)will it get cancelled and how will we get told

Re: how will we know if bad weather cancells gig
Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
ring the forest info line before you go thats what i will do. Have a safe journey and hopefully see you sat weather permitting.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 8:45 PM Quote
indeed, welly boots and plastic mac

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 8:45 PM Quote
To be honest I cant see it getting cancelled! Just says be prepared for freak weather and wear sensible footwear and clothing.

conkerking
conkerking Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 12:22 PM Quote
I've been on to the Forestry Commission who say categorically that the gig will go ahead whatever the weather's doing.
My advice would be to take your wellies - it's already very wet and James Morrison is playing there tonight and the field will be pretty messy by tomorrow. Heavy rain is expected tomorrow. NB umbrellas are not allowed in the (ahem) "arena".

See:

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/ourwoods.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/EnglandNottinghamshireSherwoodForestSherwoodPinesForestParkTravisLiveinconcert2007

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 12:40 PM Quote
Its gonna be fine! The rain is expected worse during the day than at night so it will probably be really muddy but hopefully not that wet!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 29 Jun, 2007 4:37 PM Quote
It'll be a laugh! Just everyone have a good old roll in the mud, Glasto-style!

conkerking
conkerking Posted Sun 01 Jul, 2007 7:37 AM Quote
As it turned out it wasn't too bad at all, ground was OK and remarkably it stopped raining just before the boys came on stage and started again as soon as they'd gone off!

Great gig, I got a stitch from the pogo'ing though.

It all kicked off between a security and a guy who'd brought an umbrella into the arena, eventually he (and his wife, who took a hilarious flying leap onto the back of one of the security guys) were carted off by the police. Phew, rock and roll!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:37 PM