Travis

Brian Eno Exhibits in San Fran this Fri & Sat
Els*
Els* Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
Brian Eno: 77 Million Paintings

when: Fri 6.29 & Sat 6.30 (8pm)
where: Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
(701 Mission St, 415.978.2787)

Even if you only know him as the world-renowned father of ambient music, it's not hard to trace fifty-something Brian Eno's career through his new visual work. Here, the polymath is in his glory, exploring the effects of light, color, and (you guessed it) sound. The piece's glowing, amorphous forms are coupled with shifting patterns, in turn, matched with shifting tones, moving across the gallery's visual and aural space, creating new forms each second. With its subtle vibrancy and sometimes barely detectible changes, Eno's work is kind of a kinetic James Turrell — with a soundtrack. (IA) (flavorpill SF)

i'm bummed that i have conflicts and can't make it but i've got work and friend (social) commitments.

Re: Brian Eno Exhibits in San Fran this Fri & Sat
alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
What are you doing Friday night? Work deal or something? I don't have plans as of now, but that may change...oh wait, it's changed as of now! I'll swing by cause it's right down the street.

Woohooo!!!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 8:36 PM Quote
yeah its work. its the goodbye dinner for my boss. its in the city but i seriously doubt it will be over at 8P but who knows.

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 8:41 PM Quote
Els* wrote:
yeah its work. its the goodbye dinner for my boss. its in the city but i seriously doubt it will be over at 8P but who knows.

I have a party to go to on Thursday. Damn...and i was gonna try and take it easy this week. That Tahoe trip may have been over the weekend, but it felt like one continuous day. I should do my blog right now about the trip. I'm not that busy...well...i'm just sorta messing around cause my boss is gone and well i'm the boss of me this week. I'm the boss of me any week!!! LOL

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:34 AM