coldlove Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
sonnet

Re: ***the VERVE***
Digsy
Digsy Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:19 PM Quote
they really ARE REUNITING!

Quote:
THE VERVE RETURN
The Verve, Richard Ashcroft, Nick McCabe, Simon Jones and Pete Salisbury were back recording together in a London studio last week.

After a summer break, they will return to the studio to complete their next album.

The Verve will also return to the live arena in November, playing the following 6 shows in the UK

Friday 2nd Nov: Glasgow Academy
Saturday 3rd Nov: Glasgow Academy
Monday 5th Nov: Blackpool Empress Ballroom
Tuesday 6th Nov: Blackpool Empress Ballroom
Thursday 8th Nov: London Roundhouse
Friday 9th Nov: London Roundhouse

Tickets go on sale on Friday 6th July. For any further information please go to: www.theverve.tv

I'm shocked!

Thought Richard was only interested in his solo work, they were an amazing band, I absolutely love "Urban Hymns", one of the best albums ever, and I really like "Northern Soul" too, they didn't write songs, they wrote anthems

but i'm not happy about them coming back

Urban Hyms was such a perfect END. they won't beat that

anyway so many "britpop" (i mean from that time) bands are coming back or just "coming back" this year (and next)

travis, the verve, blur, manics

and that is just the best music news ever! ;)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:22 PM Quote
Are blur reforming with Graham?

Digsy
Digsy Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:30 PM Quote
so i've heard ;) watched a video bout it on their official site ... one sec, i'll show u the link

Donnelly
Donnelly Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:35 PM Quote
Lucky Man

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:36 PM Quote
Digsy wrote:
so i've heard ;) watched a video bout it on their official site ... one sec, i'll show u the link

Oh man hope not. Graham's solo stuff is better than Blurs.

Digsy
Digsy Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:38 PM Quote
http://www.blurcast.tv/

i watched sth bout it there

haven't heard too many songs of his, but blur were much better with him than without so it's good he's coming back imo

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:39 PM Quote
Digsy wrote:
http://www.blurcast.tv/

i watched sth bout it there

haven't heard too many songs of his, but blur were much better with him than without so it's good he's coming back imo

Oh you gotta sign up or summink, I ain't doing that lol. Cheers anyway tho.

Digsy
Digsy Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:41 PM Quote
the site's changed abit :/ a few weeks ago you didn't have to sign up to see that

and it's really impossible to choose the best verve's song (coming back to the topic)

bitter sweet symphony is just too perfect for a song (+ genius lyrics, +absolutely genius video) it's like a little sort of bible thing for life really

lucky man is also very special for me, i just never get bored with it, it's so beautiful

anyways i reckon that ashcroft writes just the best lyrics, absolutely stunningly beautiful in every way! ;)

deepi
deepi Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:42 PM Quote
Digsy wrote:
the site's changed abit :/ a few weeks ago you didn't have to sign up to see that

and it's really impossible to choose the best verve's song (coming back to the topic)

bitter sweet symphony is just too perfect for a song (+ genius lyrics, +absolutely genius video) it's like a little sort of bible thing for life really

lucky man is also very special for me, i just never get bored with it, it's so beautiful

anyways i reckon that ashcroft writes just the best lyrics, absolutely stunningly beautiful in every way! ;)

i totally agree with you

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:53 PM Quote
deepi wrote:
Digsy wrote:

i totally agree with you

Scott Dunlop agrees too =)

coldlove
coldlove Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 9:51 PM Quote
Donnelly wrote:
Lucky Man

great song!!!!!!!!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
reformed? i hope its true. i'd love to see the verve but i'll always have a dvd to watch. luv luv luv the verve!!!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:20 PM Quote
per fmqb.com

The Verve Announce Surprise Reunion

June 26, 2007

In a surprising announcement, seminal U.K. band The Verve released a statement today announcing their reunion. The group, who split in the late '90s after the success of their breakthrough album Urban Hymns and the single "Bittersweet Symphony," revealed that the original lineup had reconvened in a London studio last week to begin work on a new album. A brief U.K. tour was also announced for November.

The Verve's lineup consists of singer Richard Ashcroft, guitarist Nick McCabe, bassist Simon Jones and drummer Pete Salisbury. Ashcroft has released multiple solo records since the Verve's break-up, most recently last year's Keys To The World.

In a brief statement, the band announced that they "were back recording together in a London studio last week. After a summer break, they will return to the studio to complete their next album." A new Web site (www.theverve.tv) and MySpace page have also been launched.

The Verve tour dates:
November 2-3: Glasgow
November 5-6: Blackpool
November 8-9: London

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:24 PM