Travis

For the love of Jeebus...
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 2:08 PM Quote
What is with the boardies today? Are any of you going to use the correct terminology for blood components in their states?!?
So many times just TODAY I've heard "My blank plasma sample was late" or "the serum sample had the active test substance in it" etc etc etc.
PLASMA is the one which is "not clean", and SERUM is the one that 'is clean'. Ie does not have the drug or dirt or whatever that you are using as a comparison.
When you centrifuge a whole blood sample, with an imiscible gel, the red blood cells will gather at the bottom, the inert gel in the middle, and th serum (if say for a blood test) will be at the top, ready for pipetting out.

Glad thats cleared up

Re: For the love of Jeebus...
Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 2:26 PM Quote
I've no idea where that came from but thanks for clearing it up. Now I know what happens with all the tubes that they fill every time I've donated blood.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 3:55 PM Quote
Calm down- you might burst a plasma vessel :oP

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 4:02 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Calm down- you might burst a plasma vessel :oP

:O Plasma?!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 4:02 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I've no idea where that came from but thanks for clearing it up. Now I know what happens with all the tubes that they fill every time I've donated blood.

well sort of - i'm glad i've made things clearer for you - you wouldn't beleive the number of people on this board who confuse the two - you really wouldnt....

harry potter
harry potter Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 4:05 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:

oh Hanne why are you giving this fudgepacker attention? we'll never be shot of him now :/

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Hanne wrote:

oh Hanne why are you giving this fudgepacker attention? we'll never be shot of him now :/

I'm terribly sorry Harry. This comment was just so lovely random :o) I know that some people here dislike the word random, but it really fits this one!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Hanne wrote:

I knwo like that time a few weeks ago everyone agreed that your a useless irish retard with nothing to c laim for his life who posts the most retarded posts he can think of in hope of having his name up on the board as often as possible - hey whats it like being impotent and ginger? double whammy!

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 6:46 AM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
harry potter wrote:
Hanne wrote:

I knwo like that time a few weeks ago everyone agreed that your a useless irish retard with nothing to c laim for his life who posts the most retarded posts he can think of in hope of having his name up on the board as often as possible - hey whats it like being impotent and ginger? double whammy!

Oke guys here is the easy and quick solution. Cut it out. Leave each other alone and ignore each others posts. This is turning out to become f**king kindergarden stuff. you are both way smarter then that, i think.

or have i now spoiled it for everyone that loves to read the "free fight posts"? :)

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 10:20 AM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Oke guys here is the easy and quick solution. Cut it out. Leave each other alone and ignore each others posts. This is turning out to become f**king kindergarden stuff. you are both way smarter then that, i think.

or have i now spoiled it for everyone that loves to read the "free fight posts"? :)

Oh sanne, you've got to think how frustrating it must be for him that he was bad enough in the sack to begin with, but for the last few years hes been impotent - and ginger his whole life! its not easy you know and I think we should respect that...no wonder he wants to pick on everyone here - he wants to GET A RISE out of everyone ;)

come on, that was good!

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:57 AM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

Oh sanne, you've got to think how frustrating it must be for him that he was bad enough in the sack to begin with, but for the last few years hes been impotent - and ginger his whole life! its not easy you know and I think we should respect that...no wonder he wants to pick on everyone here - he wants to GET A RISE out of everyone ;)

come on, that was good!

if you're going to get into the barb trading game mate at least make it funny. anyways i'll take the advice given and step back, take the high road and all that. *on ignore*

harry potter
harry potter Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:58 AM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:

you're right i'm done it's rather pointless as there's no real fun in it. i'll be a goodfella and let my irritation slide, just for you ;-D

spazzer
xxxxxxx

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 12:15 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Sanne (nl) wrote:

come on, that was good!

if you're going to get into the barb trading game mate at least make it funny. anyways i'll take the advice given and step back, take the high road and all that. *on ignore*

yes i should think you should step back from my post which you decided to insult me in for no reason...I'm trying to think of the last time you said anything remotely witty...see its difficult becuase although you think you have, you really haven't...but you've just proven my point - i CANT GET A RISE OUT OF YOU either...och well - not so great being half a man I guess, eh?

WayneUkraine
WayneUkraine Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 3:07 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:

yes i should think you should step back from my post which you decided to insult me in for no reason...I'm trying to think of the last time you said anything remotely witty...see its difficult becuase although you think you have, you really haven't...but you've just proven my point - i CANT GET A RISE OUT OF YOU either...och well - not so great being half a man I guess, eh?

hahahaha
Thats really fun
just so for him!
You should keep yourselfs defended :)
Wayne

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:34 AM
Thread Locked