alyrtle
alyrtle Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 1:31 AM Quote
hope you feel better !

Re: Re Offender at Dalby Forrest!
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 2:09 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
Hey , great to hear that again live .Thanks Travis XXXXX

I think I saw you at the show. Didn't get to say hi though...and I wasn't positive it was you so didn't want to make a fool of myself lol.

I heard Travis do 3 Times And You Loose in the sound check before the gig, so I was expecting that as well. But alas, no. Still, I can technically say I've heard them play 3 Times And You Loose live. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 3:45 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
Hey , great to hear that again live .Thanks Travis XXXXX

I think I saw you at the show. Didn't get to say hi though...and I wasn't positive it was you so didn't want to make a fool of myself lol.

I heard Travis do 3 Times And You Loose in the sound check before the gig, so I was expecting that as well. But alas, no. Still, I can technically say I've heard them play 3 Times And You Loose live. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif

Ah you should have said 'hello' , I was wearing a black hat with a coloured feather in it , two rows from front in between Fran and Dougsie. ( Oh and wearing an AHHHHH Selfish Jean T which I bought on site and got a few laffs when I changed in to it :-) )

If you didn't see me then you would have heard me singing lol, so sorry for that!

I must say I am miffed not to have heard 3 Times and you lose, if only on soundcheck- what was it like live - are there possibilities? Are you going to Sherwood Forrest?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 4:01 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:

Ah you should have said 'hello' , I was wearing a black hat with a coloured feather in it , two rows from front in between Fran and Dougsie.

If you didn't see me then you would have heard me singing lol, so sorry for that!

I must say I am miffed not to have heard 3 Times and you lose, if only on soundcheck- what was it like live - are there possibilities? Are you going to Sherwood Forrest?

hehe yeah was definitely you then, I remember seeing the hat. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/4-Wink.gif 3 Times sounded pretty good, although with it being a sound check there was some stops, readjustments etc. I think it'd work great live, especially if they can capture the power that kicks in with the guitar after the first verse.

I was at the very front, in front of Dougie. Was a great show. I quite liked Juno Falls, but wasn't really a fan of that other support band...(forgotten their name). When they were on I caught a few glimpses of the Travis lads kicking a football about through a gap behind the stage, lol. We were lucky it didn't rain on us - it seemed to be heavy rain everywhere else! I’m not going to any more Travis shows now for this round, but hope you enjoy Sherwood!

i33y
i33y Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 4:20 PM Quote
to somewhere else; were you with another woman and both wearing cowboy hats? and talking to a very loud drunken geordie?

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 5:47 PM Quote
Oh yay! I hope Travis keeps this one on the set list when they play here in the States:D

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 6:50 PM Quote
i33y wrote:
to somewhere else; were you with another woman and both wearing cowboy hats? and talking to a very loud drunken geordie?

Yes that was us lol although the Geordie man appeared from nowhere ! He was a bit loud wasn't he? He was smashed I think ...I decided he was harmless though or I would have moved....He kept going to shout to ask Fran to say Hi to me and I had to keep stopping him by saying , later , later and then he just disappeared as quickly as he came!!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 6:55 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
[quote="Somewhere Else"]

We were lucky it didn't rain on us - it seemed to be heavy rain everywhere else! I’m not going to any more Travis shows now for this round, but hope you enjoy Sherwood!

Yea so LUCKKKEEEE! I think ther's flooding there now and it rained overnight..It was like Majic the way it cleared for us . It was a great atmosphere wasn't it? I loved being in the Forrest. Was not going to Sherwood but am thinking I might be able to go last minute if I can get a ticket ..Will have to decide very soon:) I feel sad that they are going out the Uk for so long but never mind , we cant be selfish!! haha

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 26 Jun, 2007 7:04 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
Oh yay! I hope Travis keeps this one on the set list when they play here in the States:D

yep. i'm excited to see it on the setlist as well.

i33y
i33y Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 4:57 PM Quote
I was stood next to you, on the left, i was wearing a big blue snowboarding jacket ( am not a snowboarder though, its just nice and warm) and a bad haircut.

i33y
i33y Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 5:04 PM Quote
that geordie voice is still ringing in my ears; "give us your hat, give us your guitar" haha.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 27 Jun, 2007 8:48 PM Quote
i33y wrote:
that geordie voice is still ringing in my ears; "give us your hat, give us your guitar" haha.

I know , i was a bit scared when he first came up. Yep I remember you now :-)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 28 Jun, 2007 12:40 AM Quote
Despite my earlier opinion on it, it was pretty awesome in Belfast tonight. I retract my comments and now praise Re-Offender!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:04 AM