Travis

   
Northampton GIG 25th January
Dypebooggep
Posts:
Dypebooggep Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2015 3:28 PM Quote
Hello! I have the tickets to this gig, and I'm going to 3 awesome friends, and I wanted to know who else is going.

I'm really excited because I have never been to a proper Travis gig(I saw them twice in festivals) and this one is just a week after my birthday, so I think this is the best present I could ever get!
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
babbelerik
Posts: 211
babbelerik Posted Fri 27 Nov, 2015 6:51 PM Quote
I love Travis and I love Northampton so I will definitely go!

 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
fenririel
Posts: 154
fenririel Posted Sat 28 Nov, 2015 5:53 AM Quote
You lucky guys!! Have a big time, especially you Tuk, on occasion of your birthday :) post some pics of you guys and of our guys, please ;)
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
Dypebooggep
Posts:
Dypebooggep Posted Wed 02 Dec, 2015 1:43 AM Quote
babbelerik wrote:
I love Travis and I love Northampton so I will definitely go!


OH GOD YES! Let's meet there!!!!!! :D

fenririel wrote:
You lucky guys!! Have a big time, especially you Tuk, on occasion of your birthday :) post some pics of you guys and of our guys, please ;)


THANK YOU SO MUCH <3... I'm so taking lots of photos, for sure! <3
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
babbelerik
Posts: 211
babbelerik Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2015 9:00 PM Quote
Dypebooggep wrote:
babbelerik wrote:
I love Travis and I love Northampton so I will definitely go!


OH GOD YES! Let's meet there!!!!!! :D

fenririel wrote:
You lucky guys!! Have a big time, especially you Tuk, on occasion of your birthday :) post some pics of you guys and of our guys, please ;)


THANK YOU SO MUCH <3... I'm so taking lots of photos, for sure! <3


Haha that will be awesome!
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
evsie
Posts: 39
evsie Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 12:08 AM Quote
Setlist from tonight...

Everything At Once
Writing To Reach You
Love Will Come Through
Driftwood
Paralysed
Side
Re-Offender
Animals
Where You Stand
3 Miles High
More Than Us
Closer
Turn
Flowers In The Window
Sing
Blue Flashing Light

Good Feeling
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
fenririel
Posts: 154
fenririel Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 6:15 AM Quote
Beautiful setlist.
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
Dypebooggep
Posts:
Dypebooggep Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:21 AM Quote
Thanks for posting!
Great setlist!

-Cyril6
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
babbelerik
Posts: 211
babbelerik Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:07 AM Quote
Animals is already one of my favourite Travis songs. Blew me right away!!
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
evsie
Posts: 39
evsie Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 7:00 PM Quote
I want to prefix this post by saying it's not meant as a moan. The performance last night was incredible and it was great to see them back on stage.

However, I would really like to see some more variation in the setlist. This was essentially the Where You Stand tour set with all but one of that album's songs swapped for songs from Everything at Once.

12 Memories is my favourite album and we only ever get Re-offender and/or Love Will Come Through. There was nothing at all from J Smith and only Closer from TBWNN (even Selfish Jean has gone!). Together with Where You Stand that made just 4 songs from albums 4,5,6 & 7.

As I say, not a moan because the majority of people there wanted to hear Sing, Side, Rain, FITW, Driftwood so I appreciate those of us who go to a lot of the shows are a niche crowd.

Would love to see a couple of slots for rarities on the full tour and rotated each night. The back catalogue is awesome and the big hits and singles are only part of it.

:-)
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
Dypebooggep
Posts:
Dypebooggep Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 9:47 PM Quote
I totally get what you're saying evsie. The truth is the guys just have too many hit songs they just have to play. Imagine if someone would see them for the first time only not to hear Turn or Side. That wouldnt work. What could be great though is to change things up in a way no one would be upset. For instance by playing Flowers full band as I suggested in a different thread or by taking requests (on twitter or such) for non current album songs that could replace songs like Blue flashing light. Or since the hit songs list is get longer and longer, just drop a few for a given tour and replace them with less played stuff. Anyways, no matter how the Travis gigs are, no matter what the setlist is, they're always great and I just cant wait for the next one :D

-Cyril6
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
Dypebooggep
Posts:
Dypebooggep Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 9:50 PM Quote
Sorry but re-reading your post I just realised I basically paraphrased what you were saying haha I should always reply to a post straightaway after reading it :p

-Cyril
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
fenririel
Posts: 154
fenririel Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:05 PM Quote
evsie wrote:

Would love to see a couple of slots for rarities on the full tour and rotated each night. The back catalogue is awesome and the big hits and singles are only part of it.
:-)


Maybe taking BFL off and inserting J Smith? Swapping Driftwood for Coming Around, maybe making room too for a forgotten jewel like Battleships?

I know what you mean, they've got a great catalogue. I sense these three first gigs of 2016 were made to premiere songs from the upcoming album to the very fans, which is a treat that not any band does for their fans. Next gigs will be lengthier (20 to 22 songs seems to be their average), and definitely five or six slots will be only for for EAO. That leaves just above two thirds of slots free. The Man Who and The Invisible Band usually have half of those, grossly speaking. But, as you say, it'd be nice if they interchange from time to time some hits from different albums.

By the way, there are hits from Where You Stand they never performed alive. I still wait for the day they do A Different Room instead of, say, Moving. But as someone said once: they could sing the phone book, and I'd still attend :P
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
evsie
Posts: 39
evsie Posted Wed 27 Jan, 2016 1:36 PM Quote
They did play the full band version of FITW which was a bit of a treat.

Travelled from Leeds to the gig at Roadmender and on the way back we created an 18 song playlist on Spotify of songs that weren't played to create an alternative setlist - I went with the below, if you imagine them being played together I think it would be awesome! :-)

Happy to Hang Around
U16 Girls
Selfish Jean
Quicksand
J Smith
Something Anything
The Fear
Pipe Dreams
Big Chair
Tied To The 90s
Last Train
Battleships
Coming Around
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Slide Show

Chinese Blues
Mother
Happy
 
Re: Northampton GIG 25th January
babbelerik
Posts: 211
babbelerik Posted Wed 27 Jan, 2016 3:14 PM Quote
evsie wrote:
They did play the full band version of FITW which was a bit of a treat.

Travelled from Leeds to the gig at Roadmender and on the way back we created an 18 song playlist on Spotify of songs that weren't played to create an alternative setlist - I went with the below, if you imagine them being played together I think it would be awesome! :-)

Happy to Hang Around
U16 Girls
Selfish Jean
Quicksand
J Smith
Something Anything
The Fear
Pipe Dreams
Big Chair
Tied To The 90s
Last Train
Battleships
Coming Around
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Slide Show

Chinese Blues
Mother
Happy


Always wanted to see the rock n rollish live version of "The fear", great shout!
 
Pages [1] 2 Next All Times GMT Current Time 5:49 AM
Post Reply