Travis

Difference in Travis since kids?
mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Sat 21 Mar, 2015 9:10 PM Quote
I've been listening to the back catalogue the past few days. been playing my wifes bump some of my fav songs but I defiantly have noticed a change in writing style and a much more philosophical lyric associated with the tracks after the arrival of kids. Did anyone else notice this?

Re: Difference in Travis since kids?
fenririel
fenririel Posted Thu 02 Apr, 2015 5:49 AM Quote
Definitely. Andy's Ancient Train has the same worries as Boxes, but this one goes further about his life concerns. A Different Room is probably the best song Doug has written yet, and I sense his worry for the passing of days too. As for Fran's Reminder and Warning Sign, they mark a cornerstone too. My Eyes was the first song that reflected his thoughts on how different life was going to be as a parent, but Reminder shows his own growth since his boy has grown.

Funnily, Neil has been a parent for much longer, yet we don't hear his voice (I mean his writing). I wonder how a song written by him would reflect the whole band feeling.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 27 May, 2015 1:09 PM Quote
fenririel wrote:
My Eyes was the first song that reflected his thoughts on how different life was going to be as a parent

What about Flowers in the Window?

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 27 May, 2015 1:11 PM Quote
They look different too... ;)

http://www.musicya.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/folder17.jpg

Pages [1] All Times UTC Current Time 4:50 PM