Travis

Send Away The Tigers: first thoughts
Joe
Joe Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 9:10 AM Quote
I got myself a copy of Send Away The Tigers yesterday. I had planned on getting it the day before, but ouldn't find a shop (it turns out that this town only has ONE C.D. shop; can you believe it').

My intial thoughts are:
- It's a nice enough album, with somegood tracks.
- There seems to be a limk to some video footage (I'm guessing the single's video clip), but as I don't have access to Iternet every day at the flat, I was unable view it.
- The title track and "Your love alone is not enough" are pretty damn good.
- I think it's going to be one of those albums that gradually grows on my (like the last Gorillaz album and Belle and Sebastian).

Re: Send Away The Tigers: first thoughts
Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:13 AM Quote
You should give James Dean Bradfield's solo album, 'The Great Western', a go.

caz b
caz b Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:16 AM Quote
Played it for the first time whislt stripping the bathroom last night, liked it instantly. Got the greatest hits CD which gets played a lot as all my other Manics is on cassette!
C

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 24 Jun, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
One of my friends loves them about as much as i love Travis, and she doesn't like it :-O

I haven't heard any of it, although i kinda went off them a long time ago!

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 24 Jun, 2007 11:36 PM Quote
I think its' place is there with TBWNN.I do love the album although it's the first time I've heard anything from them."The Second Depression" is my favorite song,most probably.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 5:36 AM Quote
Oh, hey, this Album is getting a U.S. Release next month, and I went ahead and bought the import because it might not happen. Damn!! Actually, I only bought it because my record shop had it. Heh, they got me, I'm a sucker for all things MSP, what can I say?

You should have seen me on my quest to find Generation Terrorists, and Gold Against the Soul. I wanted to go to the Virgin store in downtown Chicago while I was there one year, because I knew they'd have them, but my Aunt took me to a crappy used store instead because she doesn't like downtown and I guess didn't want anybody else to go. I got a Weezer shirt with a skateboarding horse instead. To make a long story longer, I ordered them online, and the next time I went to the Virgin store in Chicago, sure enough, they had both albums. But whatevs. Hahah. Obviously I'm bored tonight.
I want to get JDB's album, but I keep forgetting to look for it. Damn.

welshwill
welshwill Posted Mon 25 Jun, 2007 8:22 AM Quote
Listen to the holy bible...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:55 AM