Travis

Re: Targets for 2014
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 10:18 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

7. Less celebrity gossip, more news.

Then what the hell are we going to talk about? :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 10:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Tv shows? I didn't say anything about tv shows!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:02 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:

6. Be kinder

Yeah, Mer, because you're so MEAN now.

Seriously, how could you be any kinder?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:16 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Tv shows? I didn't say anything about tv shows!

And movies. And cute boys. And kookies. That isn't gossip!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 29 Dec, 2013 10:23 PM Quote
These are the important things in life!

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 30 Dec, 2013 3:23 PM Quote
1. Find a job.
2. Be more positive.
3. Learn how to cook more things.

That's it for now. My number one target is to win the lottery but since it's nearly impossible, I didn't include it on my list :p

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 30 Dec, 2013 5:44 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

2: man, why can't we ever high-five on something awesome? ok. in 2014, at some point, we will high-five on finding the resp. jobs that we have always dreamed of. deal?

------

And how did I NOT know about Coursera until only last week? A friend told me about it - how could I miss such a great thing?? I've *watched* courses on Academic Earth, but Coursera looks even better! Did you finish any courses?

Deal!

I finished and got certificates for Strategic Innovation in Organizations (Vanderbilt Uni.) and International Organizations Management (Uni.of Geneva). Both courses were really good. I also watched all of History of Rock (it is amazing! When it's available again, you must sign up! Fantastic lecturer - I think his course on The Beatles will start soon) and Terrorism & Counterterrorism (um well, super dreamy Dutch professor. but also very interesting!). Sometimes I watched random lectures here and there without finishing the course.

PS Also try EdX.org :)

EdX! Yes! Thank you!
There's a course on the Beatles starting soon on Coursera, yup. Was the course you did really *that* good? In that case I'll sign up and try it ;)
For now I've signed up for a Content Strategy course and thinking about signing up for the Gamification course, too. Not sure, though. I shouldn't sign up for too many (or I'll end up doing none at all!).

happy_me
happy_me Posted Mon 30 Dec, 2013 9:04 PM Quote
1. Eat less
2. Exercice more
3. Think more positive
4. Read more books
5. Discover more new music
6. Keep travisonline alive

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 12:56 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:

There's a course on the Beatles starting soon on Coursera, yup. Was the course you did really *that* good? In that case I'll sign up and try it ;)

It was *that good*,in my opinion at least. The guy's really passionate and knowledgable plus he gives very interesting lectures!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:34 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
thewishlist wrote:

2: man, why can't we ever high-five on something awesome? ok. in 2014, at some point, we will high-five on finding the resp. jobs that we have always dreamed of. deal?

------

And how did I NOT know about Coursera until only last week? A friend told me about it - how could I miss such a great thing?? I've *watched* courses on Academic Earth, but Coursera looks even better! Did you finish any courses?

Deal!

I finished and got certificates for Strategic Innovation in Organizations (Vanderbilt Uni.) and International Organizations Management (Uni.of Geneva). Both courses were really good. I also watched all of History of Rock (it is amazing! When it's available again, you must sign up! Fantastic lecturer - I think his course on The Beatles will start soon) and Terrorism & Counterterrorism (um well, super dreamy Dutch professor. but also very interesting!). Sometimes I watched random lectures here and there without finishing the course.

PS Also try EdX.org :)

EdX! Yes! Thank you!
For now I've signed up for a Content Strategy course and thinking about signing up for the Gamification course, too. Not sure, though. I shouldn't sign up for too many (or I'll end up doing none at all!).

WHAT HAVE YOU GIRLS DONE! I love learning and you have dropped a sweet nugget of awesomeness on my lap. How did I not know about this site? :) THANKS!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 12:56 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

-learn how to dance (nothing fancy, just normal human dancing lol)

This made me laugh out loud. I love it! :) Go you.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 1:08 PM Quote
1. Start and finish a new course on Coursera (I have enrolled so that's a start)
2. Read all those books I bought last year and didn't have time to read.
3. Read more non-fiction.
4. Get more creative - let it all out: I gathered up all my Art materials from my parents at the weekend so now I have a ton of watercolour/pastel materials.
4. Learn to knit and/or crochet.
5. Forgive THAT person.
6. Move on.
7. Spend more time with my Parents and close friends.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 31 Dec, 2013 2:58 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

3. Read more non-fiction.

I need to do the opposite. All I read these days is non-fiction.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Jan, 2014 12:01 AM Quote
Happy New Year, boardies! :)

Being that it's only 7:00 here, I feel like I've mysteriously posted in the FUTURE!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 01 Jan, 2014 1:36 AM Quote
it's midnight somewhere...... buy some linen do a buncha painting

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:36 PM