Travis

Re: Homecoming Week - Please sign in
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:20 PM Quote
Oh crap, I almost forgot about this. SORRY KAYTE!
Kristy, signing in as requested.
Since this board was super happenin', I've moved to London. Worked. Traveled around Europe. Moved back to Canada. New(ish) city, new(ish) job, new(ish) apartment.
I went to Boston to see Travis this September with Anne, Mer, Linds, Sandy and Kayte...and then immediately flew to Iceland to meet up with Gosia (Megg) for what turned out to be the best week of my whooooole life. We went skydiving and...met weird people.

I still play hockey and I still like clouds.

Merry Christmas, Boardies!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 4:31 AM Quote
Hello! Celleny signing in! Greetings from Los Angeles! and Happy Christmas!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 5:09 AM Quote
Hello Boardies!

I'm Lindsay from the great Pacific Northwest! I joined the board (officially) in December of 2007 after lurking for awhile. I've been working at the same place since 2000 and have made many friends through the board.

As mentioned by a few previously, I got to see Travis in Boston this past September and enjoy a lovely boardie girls weekend with Anne, Kayte, Meridith, Kristy, and Sandy. I met a few others in "real life" and stay in touch regularly with a few more through FB and Twitter. Because of this board, I've learned many interesting things and have gotten to visit many interesting places!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 8:41 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Eledh wrote:

I finally found out what I want to do in life a few months ago and I'm moving to Glasgow by september 2014 to pursue my dreams.

That's very free-spirited of you. Do you want to share what this dream is, or is it a secret for now? Sounds exciting!

Oh, I'll keep it for myself for now, if you don't mind. It has something to do with music, anyways.
As soon as I know something for sure I'll let you all know, just like old times.

Marry Christmas/Yule/Hanukkah to everybody!
(or, as I like to call it, Marry Chrisyulkah! :D)

<3

mili
mili Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 9:54 AM Quote
Hello all!
Nothing much has changed with me, still the same self employed job, same husband and the same kids, all just older. My daughter is going to 18 very soon (frightening!). She's at that stage of education, where they have a dance to celebrate being the oldest in the school (related to prom, but no mums). So we've been busy organizing the dress etc.

I still haven't seen Travis live, only Fran in Rome nearly three years ago (much better than not at all!!). I had some hopes to go to Glasgow, as we were going to see in-laws around Christmas, but now the hubby and I are going to UK tomorrow. Always in a wrong place!

Some consolation was to see Rubik's farewell gig here in Helsinki, there was even a mass bogoing at the end!

I work too much and exercise and sleep too little. I love music, books and bicycles.

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 4:28 PM Quote
This thread is great! :)

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 6:52 PM Quote
Hi, I used to be the evil elf who frightened boardies into sending Christmas presents to other boardies in time.
I've retired as an elf since then, gotten my first real job and grown-up(ish) apartment. I still drink tea with sugar and milk, thankyouverymuch, and my things-with-owls-on-them or -shaped-like-owls collection has somewhat expanded during the past years thanks to birthdays and friends who find owls everywhere.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 9:19 PM Quote
Hey, guys! Gosia here, reporting for duty :)

I'm not sure where I should start this super exciting story about myself. But, right now I live in Warsaw again (after 3 years in Denmark, London and hometown), I've been at my current (corporate marketing) job for almost year & a half. Not exactly a dream one so I would really love to go back to my beloved non-profit world next year. Changing the scenery wouldn't hurt either ;)

Other than that, I continue to travel as much as I can. A total highlight being Iceland of course (with Kristy, aka the best travel companion ever)! Ohhh, we went skydiving!! In freaking Iceland!
I met Juli & Ale in Amsterdam in 2012, which was also super fun. :) Sometimes I forget that I know certain people through this board so...thanks, Travis!

Apart from that, not much is new. No husbands/ babies/ cats/ property buying. Everything written in my profile page is still accurate.

PS Kristy, I totally went "minnmess? who is this person?". Sorry, dude. :P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 25 Dec, 2013 9:59 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

No worries, when I was trying to think of your board name, I almost convinced myself that it was "Polish Chick"

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 26 Dec, 2013 12:46 AM Quote
I'm Paul. I still live in Glasgow but I'm still from Belfast. I've hardly been on here but have been working towards starting my degree in Nursing the last few years, so finally started the course in September.

On Friday, I went to my first Travis gig as a guy in love and it was even better for it. She loved it too :)

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 26 Dec, 2013 1:01 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

On Friday, I went to my first Travis gig as a guy in love and it was even better for it. She loved it too :)

I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to meet up and chat with you for a while :( I really didn't see you there.
Oh well, it'll be for the next time :D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 26 Dec, 2013 9:03 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to meet up and chat with you for a while :( I really didn't see you there.
Oh well, it'll be for the next time :D

I was a few rows back because we went for dinner first. Kelly is good at getting us near the front though! I could see familiar faces in front of me though!

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 26 Dec, 2013 10:30 PM Quote
Hey folks :0) Finally relaxing after rushing around like a blue arsed fly the past days. Danish Christmas with the ex in laws on the 24th and the Irish one yesterday with friends.

Last time I saw Travis was November here in Copenhagen.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 12:32 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

No worries, when I was trying to think of your board name, I almost convinced myself that it was "Polish Chick"

Particularly the people I've met in real life I don't even see their screen names anymore. I instantly translate minnmess to Kirsti.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 1:10 AM Quote
Hello Travisland. Ben here. Life has been amazing for the last couple of years. Positive. Confident. Happy. Lucky. In love with an amazing person. Travis releasing a great album. Leicester City top of the league. Superb!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:19 AM