Travis

Re: New site- teething troubles
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 9:55 AM Quote
hey, i wanna post a new subject but that doesn't really work, my new subject comes at other boards.....what did i do wrong????

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:07 AM Quote
Dutchgirl wrote:
hey, i wanna post a new subject but that doesn't really work, my new subject comes at other boards.....what did i do wrong????

You're not doing anything wrong, don't worry. It's a problem with the new board. If you log out and log in again when you want to post a new topic it will usually work properly.
(note the "usually")

TWT: Every time i post or edit in this thread, it moves. Is it me or you?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:25 AM Quote
is the email button not working for everyone or is it just on my member bit ??

and has there been a newsletter since the new board is in operation ? I had none so far ...

sina:)

Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 12:57 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:

Yes we're monitoring this one seems that at present everytime someone edits their posts in an announcement it loses its announcement status and needs to be retagged.

We're trying to find the event scenario for these new posts problems where they don't appear as a new thread or are posted in another forum they're proving tricky to pin down.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 1:49 PM Quote
other question: why does TWT not answer my questions ?

sina:) *in a wee huff*

Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 1:59 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:

Hey Sina,

we haven't forgotten about you and it's not just your profile it's everybodys - we've yet to get the email send to up and running on the profile if people want to share their email in the profiles - but don't worry it's on the list, the very long list....

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 2:17 PM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:
Sunny wrote:

Yes we're monitoring this one seems that at present everytime someone edits their posts in an announcement it loses its announcement status and needs to be retagged.

Ahh ok. It has happened a few times to me - was beginning to wonder whether you'd given me some strange powers! ;-)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 2:22 PM Quote
Travis Web Team wrote:
Ursina wrote:

Hey Sina,

we haven't forgotten about you and it's not just your profile it's everybodys - we've yet to get the email send to up and running on the profile if people want to share their email in the profiles - but don't worry it's on the list, the very long list....

thanks guys :) no problem, I can wait

sina:) *unhuffed*

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 5:39 PM Quote
really i cannot place a new subject, i tried everything, i logged out and in and every new subject come's somewhere it don't belong!!!!!!!

Joe
Joe Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:39 AM Quote
Same here. Just tried to post my daily BBC link ;) and the post didn't appear.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:50 AM Quote
Joe wrote:
Same here. Just tried to post my daily BBC link ;) and the post didn't appear.

errrm, it did appear. In another thread, though http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=1342 :)

Maybe it'll help if you logged out AND deleted cookies and browsing history. I'm not quite sure what i did when i had trouble creating a new thread, but i think it was this, and then it worked.

One thing this new MB is teaching us all is patience... :)

Evelyn

Joe
Joe Posted Mon 18 Jun, 2007 10:52 AM Quote
Cheers.
I'll give it a go.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 1:16 AM Quote
I've noticed that if a thread has several pages, you cannot always get to the last page if following them in order; that is, you can only see it if you click from the main page (if that makes any sense).
And what's the update on that profile pic TWT?

radioclyde261
radioclyde261 Posted Thu 21 Jun, 2007 11:45 PM Quote
I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but it would be great if you could add a function to show which threads have new posts each time you refresh - ie, make the thread marker a different colour or something?
Also, a link to refresh at the bottom of the page would be good, so you don't have to scroll all the way to the top when you've finshed reading.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 22 Jun, 2007 2:25 AM Quote
radioclyde261 wrote:

Also, a link to refresh at the bottom of the page would be good, so you don't have to scroll all the way to the top when you've finshed reading.

That's just sheer ruddy bone-idleness =P Do some scrolling, it won't do you any harm ;-)

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:52 AM