Travis

Re: Targets for 2013
Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 9:52 PM Quote
This past year I had the goal to run a half marathon...and then I ran two.

This coming year I am "thinking" about running a full marathon. *thinking* :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Since everyone is reflecting on the targets for 2012, anything going forward? What do you hope 2013 will bring?

Pour moi, I hope 2013 is filled with...

-Trip to Iceland with the lovely Megg
-Jump out of a plane with the lovely Megg (2013 is the year of the Polish Chick)
-I think I want to do this http://thecolorrun.com/ (even though I hate that it is missing a U!)
-Umm, go to a Travis gig? :)
-I've been saying for years that I want to volunteer more, so maybe this year I will actually get around to it. I want to be a SPCA dog walker and do something like adopt a family next Christmas to give gifts to

edit: I registered for the Colour Run and have added Do 29 Random Acts of Kindness before my 29th birthday (on November 29th)

Went to Iceland!
Jumped out of a place!
Did the Colour Run!
Went to a Travis gig!
I did volunteer more, but not at the SPCA and could still do more!

I didn't *really* do the 29 Acts of Kindness. I did a bunch of small things, and then did one big thing for my birthday.

fenririel
fenririel Posted Fri 27 Dec, 2013 11:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Since everyone is reflecting on the targets for 2012, anything going forward? What do you hope 2013 will bring?

Pour moi, I hope 2013 is filled with...

-Trip to Iceland with the lovely Megg
-Jump out of a plane with the lovely Megg (2013 is the year of the Polish Chick)
-I think I want to do this http://thecolorrun.com/ (even though I hate that it is missing a U!)
-Umm, go to a Travis gig? :)
-I've been saying for years that I want to volunteer more, so maybe this year I will actually get around to it. I want to be a SPCA dog walker and do something like adopt a family next Christmas to give gifts to

edit: I registered for the Colour Run and have added Do 29 Random Acts of Kindness before my 29th birthday (on November 29th)

Went to Iceland!
Jumped out of a place!
Did the Colour Run!
Went to a Travis gig!
I did volunteer more, but not at the SPCA and could still do more!

I didn't *really* do the 29 Acts of Kindness. I did a bunch of small things, and then did one big thing for my birthday.

Hooray! :D It's inspiring, you know? You remind me of my sister, who put herself towards running 15K, and aiming to a healtier lifestyle. She made it. Kudos!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 6:09 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

1. Trip to Iceland with Kristy. It should, if we're lucky enough, result in quite a few things being off my bucket list: skydiving, whales watching, Northern Lights, glacier hike.
2. Regular running, maybe trying to do a 5k?
3. Volunteering! I miss it so much.
4. Following the news regularly.
5. At least trying to look for a more interesting/fulfilling job, not settling into the one which just...is there.

Edit:
6. Being kinder to myself.
7. Bonus points if I manage to do bungee jumping and get a tattoo this year!
8. Stop talking myself out of things I actually want to do.
9. Trying to be more social, reaching out more to people I like but haven't seen in agesss etc.

Trip to Iceland with KLM - done!
Skydiving - done!
Whale watching - it went so very wrong but done!
Running - sometimes. A bit. I signed up for a charity 5k but never actually done it because I'm lazy & horrible. At least the money went to a good cause?
Volunteering - also never happened but to be fair I offered to help with a bunch of events and such but they never picked me. Volunteering in Warsaw is much easier when you're a student.
News - nope. So ashamed of this one. I studied international relations and now have no idea of what's going on at all.
Job - well, I did try. No success yet.

I've been kinder to myself & I caught up with some old friends so that's rather good :).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 28 Dec, 2013 10:22 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Whale watching - it went so very wrong but done!

At least you didn't barf on the boat! If only THAT was my goal for 2013, I could cross it off the list

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:37 AM