Travis

What to drink when listening to music?
mili
mili Posted Wed 09 Nov, 2011 1:48 PM Quote
http://drinkify.org/travis

Strange suggestion. Then again, for me it's usually cider, beer or wine, regardless of the band. In live situations bottled Mexican lager with lime works well, difficult to spill, and tastes ok even when slightly less chilled towards the end.

What do you drink with your music?

Re: What to drink when listening to music?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Nov, 2011 9:55 PM Quote
I'll drink anything with any music but ideally...

Pogues - Jameson
Irish Trad - Guinness (obviously)
Techno - High sweet sugary shit, Vodka Red Bull for example
Proclaimers - Whyte & Mackay
Belle & Sebastian - Cheap Cider
Mogwai - Crested Ten (both really should be appreciated)

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Wed 09 Nov, 2011 10:17 PM Quote
Nice!

I would've thought Guinness with Pogues, but perhaps it's not strong enough?Belle & Sebastian and cheap cider sounds like a perfect combination.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Nov, 2011 11:00 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Nice!

I would've thought Guinness with Pogues, but perhaps it's not strong enough?

Spot On !!

mili wrote:
Belle & Sebastian and cheap cider sounds like a perfect combination.

When you listen to Belle & Sebastian, it really is a melancholy music set against the lyrics of the hardship of life and the quite scary decisions that people make just to fit in. Most of the songs are hugely sexual... but in a desperate and therefore non-erotic way. I think cheap cider is the same sort of drink that the characters in the songs would be drinking. (just my thoughts of course)

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Nov, 2011 11:16 PM Quote
I imagine Gin is suitably depressing for Radiohead

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 11 Nov, 2011 2:07 AM Quote
based on the glass i am going to assume buckfast is wine. travis and wine dont go together

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 11 Nov, 2011 9:04 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
based on the glass i am going to assume buckfast is wine. travis and wine dont go together

Forified wine, or "tonic" wine, made by the monks of Buckfast Abbey, something like 80% of all Buckfast made is sold in the central belt of Scotland and something like 80% of that is sold and consumed in Coatbridge.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 11 Nov, 2011 1:07 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Forified wine, or "tonic" wine, made by the monks of Buckfast Abbey, something like 80% of all Buckfast made is sold in the central belt of Scotland and something like 80% of that is sold and consumed in Coatbridge.

Dubz

while all of those words are in English, I dont really understand what any of them mean!
tell me about Coatbridge, and why this drink would be popular there. I dont really know what tonic wine is either.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 11 Nov, 2011 5:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I dont really know what tonic wine is either.

SUPER loaded with sugar to give it a extra kick . Some people ,like my dad , por honey into wine for this effect . Gross..

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 12 Nov, 2011 10:16 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Dubz

while all of those words are in English, I dont really understand what any of them mean!
tell me about Coatbridge, and why this drink would be popular there. I dont really know what tonic wine is either.

Coatbridge is nowadays pretty much just a suburb of Glasgow but it used to be a town in it's own right. It was a wee busy industrial place, Mining and Ironworks or something. It was a hard place where people worked, played and drank hard. Then over the years the pits and the factories closed and the place rapidly declined, the usual story with no jobs the youth got bored and started smashing shit up and drinking cheap alcohol. Buckfast was one of those options and it seems to have stuck.

Tonic Wine is so called because of old marketing, The monks claimed that a glass of this stuff a day had medicinal qualities. It doesn't of course and should probably no longer be called "Tonic" but...

Wiki

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:26 AM