Travis

Re: Breakfast
deebee
deebee Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 10:57 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
deebee wrote:
I never did understand why they call that French toast?! I love it but the French don't have a clue as to what it is and it's really hard to find HP sauce here.

There are a few things like that are there not, en-suite I believe is an English term that the French don't use. Also I believe Creme Anglaise is a posh term used in poncy london restaurants to describe Custard but again it's not used in France...

HP Sauce can be difficult to find in Dublin too.

Dubz

I used to try saying en suite when talking in French about bathrooms and I always got very blank looks.
The French do actually eat crème anglaise but it's a lot thinner than custard and doesn't have that artificial yellow colour. They also like to eat it cold which is an big NO for me in terms of custard (has to be hot on apple pie etc)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 12:10 AM Quote
I've never tried milk in tea. It just seems like it would be a bad combination for me. Just sugar.

Have you ever noticed that nothing gets the board going like a food discussion?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 2:17 AM Quote
I don't care for hot tea but I looove iced tea. Sweetened. With Lemon or Peach or Raspberry.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 3:00 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Have you ever noticed that nothing gets the board going like a food discussion?

I was JUST thinking that.

Just a splash of milk in my tea, please. Same with coffee. And Brits, stop with the damn instant stuff!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:02 PM