Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
mili
mili Posted Thu 05 Apr, 2012 6:10 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've just been sacked.

Dubz

Blimey! Well, at least you'll have Easter free…

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 05 Apr, 2012 6:18 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've just been sacked.

Dubz

Blimey! Well, at least you'll have Easter free…

Yeah but I've no money until pay day tomorrow when it won't matter as it'll be Good Friday and no matter how much money I have I can't buy alcohol.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 05 Apr, 2012 8:02 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I've just been sacked.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that Dubz :-(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 05 Apr, 2012 9:03 PM Quote
Fuck them !!

I text my immediate boss to tell him I'd had enough and was changing my day off for that week, something that 99 times out of 100 would not have been a problem. Unfortunately he didn't recieve my text so I am deemed to be "willfully absent from duty" which according to the rule book is Gross Misconduct.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:24 AM Quote
I may be slightly drunk and on a self destructive buzz but I don't give a fuck, I'm an excellent worker and a good person. Fuck them if they don't realise it.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 07 Apr, 2012 2:53 PM Quote
Okay, I didn't want to say anything but...dude. You just didn't show up to work. From what you've been telling us, it might not have been the first time. You have the weirdest definition of being an "excellent worker". And sorry, but in this economy they will most probably find an equally skilled replacement with a much better work ethic in, like, 5 minutes. You're not a neurosurgeon.

I wish you well and hope you'll find something else soon, for the record.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Apr, 2012 3:14 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Okay, I didn't want to say anything but...dude. You just didn't show up to work. From what you've been telling us, it might not have been the first time. You have the weirdest definition of being an "excellent worker". And sorry, but in this economy they will most probably find an equally skilled replacement with a much better work ethic in, like, 5 minutes. You're not a neurosurgeon.

I wish you well and hope you'll find something else soon, for the record.

It was the first time (officially at least) and yes I'm not a neuro-surgeon but I am that good. Even my 50% is more than anyone else in that hotel's 100%. Yes I am that good, you may find a person just as competent to do the actual work or you may find someone just as good with guests/staff but there is no fucking way they are gonna find someone who is as good as me all round. I'm fuckin' shit hot at what I do, well liked and genuinely a nice person and it's not gonna be the Radisson that can take that away from me.

Thanks for the well wishes toots, appreciate them. I hope things turn around for you too soon.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:13 PM Quote

Will you get a reference from them?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 08 Apr, 2012 8:19 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:

My immediate boss has told me to go to him rather than through HR.

I was told that "I'm a good guy and a good worker, so this was a very difficult decision but they cannot make an exception", unfortunately that's exactly what I think they did do every other person who worked in my department took days off, fucked about and generally got away with murder, Since I went full time, I have been in work everyday I'm supposed to be, I'm on call at the weekends that I don't get any extra for. for example I got a call at 11:00am last Sunday morning, I was in bed and it woke me up, I was still in the hotel 20minutes later. I feel I'm being "made an example of" which is an exception.

Dubz

Sunny
Sunny Posted Sun 08 Apr, 2012 9:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sunny wrote:

My immediate boss has told me to go to him rather than through HR.

Well, that's something ...

Could you not show them the text you sent? If this was an agreed method of communication between your boss and yourself then surely they can't fire you because technology didn't work?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 3:21 PM Quote
I have been eating healthy since Friday. No chocolate milk. No desserts. Aaaaand I have begun choking down vegetables. I ate the first salad of my life on Friday and I am now to the point where I can eat it without gagging or making a stinky face. I have also been eating broccoli in various ways. This sounds like normal eating to most people, but this is brand new to me. This is more green stuff than I've eaten in my whole life combined in less than a week.

I thought I'd be out of my mind for chocolate milk and ice cream and stuff, but I really haven't. I'm sure it will creep back into my diet after a while, but I think I'll see if I can keep up the healthy for a bit.

mili
mili Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 5:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have been eating healthy since Friday. No chocolate milk. No desserts. Aaaaand I have begun choking down vegetables. I ate the first salad of my life on Friday and I am now to the point where I can eat it without gagging or making a stinky face. I have also been eating broccoli in various ways. This sounds like normal eating to most people, but this is brand new to me. This is more green stuff than I've eaten in my whole life combined in less than a week.

I thought I'd be out of my mind for chocolate milk and ice cream and stuff, but I really haven't. I'm sure it will creep back into my diet after a while, but I think I'll see if I can keep up the healthy for a bit.

Easter being one of the biggest foodie celebrations of the year, I'm struggling to get back to leaner eating. So many chocolate eggs about to start with!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 7:38 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I feel like we should reward you with a gold star system, or perhaps badges like girl guides! You can get your salad and broccoli badge this week

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 8:03 PM Quote
I keep our Easter baskets pretty simple, so the candy is almost already gone. They still have stuff left from Halloween!

Kristy, I think I need a charm bracelet and I can add vegetable charms to it as I add to my diet. I finished the broc. soup today, so tomorrow I get to make the cauliflower. It was funny actually stopping in the produce section of the grocery store. There were so many things I never knew they had! I saw a real eggplant for the first time in my life.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2012 9:02 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I keep our Easter baskets pretty simple, so the candy is almost already gone. They still have stuff left from Halloween!

Kristy, I think I need a charm bracelet and I can add vegetable charms to it as I add to my diet. I finished the broc. soup today, so tomorrow I get to make the cauliflower. It was funny actually stopping in the produce section of the grocery store. There were so many things I never knew they had! I saw a real eggplant for the first time in my life.

You are so cute, I might just burst.
Is there a plan for after cauliflower?

Pages Previous 1...27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:14 PM