Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 3)
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 03 Jan, 2012 9:15 PM Quote
so, my country might be a silly place, but:

NEW GIRL! ON TV! IN GERMANY! Starting Thursday. Airing weekly right after "The Voice" live shows.
I don't believe it! Usually we don't get American tv-shows until after their first season's aired in the US.

mili
mili Posted Wed 04 Jan, 2012 12:26 PM Quote
Back home from windy England. Note to self: never ever change planes in Paris again, we walked briskly for half an hour between gates!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 04 Jan, 2012 12:45 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Back home from windy England. Note to self: never ever change planes in Paris again, we walked briskly for half an hour between gates!

at CGD? Seriously, it is the worst airport! Mostly because there are no bathrooms past security.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 04 Jan, 2012 4:55 PM Quote

Well it's my last day, and I'm still being told nothing officially but I think I may have the sacked guy's job. It'll take about a week as he can appeal so they can't take anyone on until then. I'll also have to apply and interview as a formality but looks like I could soon be back in the ranks of the full time employed.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Wed 04 Jan, 2012 5:18 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Well it's my last day, and I'm still being told nothing officially but I think I may have the sacked guy's job. It'll take about a week as he can appeal so they can't take anyone on until then. I'll also have to apply and interview as a formality but looks like I could soon be back in the ranks of the full time employed.

Dubz

I hope they'll pay you well. Fingers crossed!

mili
mili Posted Wed 04 Jan, 2012 5:23 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
mili wrote:

at CGD? Seriously, it is the worst airport! Mostly because there are no bathrooms past security.

Yes, CDG. There was a cafe, some shops and bathrooms in our gate area, no extra security between that and the plane.
On the way to UK we flew via Amsterdam, and there was a pretty tough screening at the gate (and a bathroom opportunity before boarding the plane).
CDG passport control was a joke, our dude was more interested in chatting with his mate than in our passports.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Jan, 2012 6:39 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Good luck. We're all rootin' fer ya!

mili
mili Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 9:54 AM Quote
Got a new iMac yesterday (cheapest way to acquire a new mac, the old one was just too old for anything), and now everything on the screen looks so tiny! Sharp, but tiny. I need new glasses.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 06 Jan, 2012 10:06 PM Quote
I'm on Spotify .... listening to Boyzone ....

Tragic.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 2:58 AM Quote
I got a turntable today. Doesn't everything just sound better on vinyl?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 4:00 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

No, it doesn't. It sounds like snap, crackle, pop. I don't understand this return to vinyl.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 4:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

No, it doesn't. It sounds like snap, crackle, pop. I don't understand this return to vinyl.

If this were Soccer you'd be issued your first yellow of the match

http://www.amplify-interactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/yellowcard.jpg

heathen

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 4:13 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

that makes it more authentic and awesome! Although I have yet to have a snap crackle or a pop.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 4:25 PM Quote
There are certain recordings that sound better on vinyl, Pink Floyd's Meddle is a perfect example, another good one is The Specials first LP. When you listen to them on CD they are just a wee bit too "clean". But there is other stuff that CD is deffo made for, Classical for example.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 07 Jan, 2012 4:45 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

If this were Soccer you'd be issued your first yellow of the match

http://www.amplify-interactive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/yellowcard.jpg

heathen

I'm sure this is meant to be insulting, but I know so little about soccer that a yellow card means nothing to me. When I first saw the picture, I thought it was a piece of cheese.

Seriously, having all your music in one teeny tiny little device is just so miraculous that it outweighs any sound quality issue for me. It's not like I'll have the best of anything sound-wise, turn table, cassette, or CD, so the convenience of an iPod makes it the winner in my book.

You know what I liked about cassettes? You didn't have to baby them. You can throw them around like toys and it's all good. That's what I liked about VHS vs DVD. You can teach a 3-year-old to put in a VHS tape, but you can't let a 3-year-old use a DVD. One little scratch and the whole thing is ruined. It's like taking a step backward in some ways.

Pages Previous 1...16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:31 AM