Travis

Stupidest Lyrics
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 29 Sep, 2011 2:34 AM Quote
I know we've discussed bands and songs we hate, but what songs have the worst/most ridiculous/pointless lyrics.

-I'll Be There For You, Bon Jovi (everytime I hear this I start laughing at "I didn't mean to miss your birthday, baby).
-Lazy Song, Bruno Mars (this could also go in the songs I hate thread but seriously...the lyrics are AWFUL)

Re: Stupidest Lyrics
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 09 Oct, 2011 4:26 AM Quote
Anything by the black eyed peas!!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 09 Oct, 2011 10:10 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:

What even "I gotta feeling" ?

Dubz

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 09 Oct, 2011 8:21 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

Dubz

I would say that is probably the worst of all! They are my 6 yr olds favorite, that should say something right there!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 09 Oct, 2011 8:24 PM Quote
The movement you need is on your shoulder.

This was just a lyrical placeholder, but when Paul was singingit to John, John liked it and told him to leave it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 09 Oct, 2011 8:29 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

Dubz

I would say that is probably the worst of all! They are my 6 yr olds favorite, that should say something right there!

You haven't heard it properly until you've heard two guys with a drum/backing machine and a pub full of drunk women belting it out at the top of their voice. Every single bank holiday I'm treated to this, they also cover other classics like... Abba's Waterloo, Beyonce's Single Ladies, Tina Turner's Simply the Best and the piece de resistance Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline.

Dubz

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 09 Oct, 2011 9:58 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

Dubz

You haven't heard it properly until you've heard two guys with a drum/backing machine and a pub full of drunk women belting it out at the top of their voice. Every single bank holiday I'm treated to this, they also cover other classics like... Abba's Waterloo, Beyonce's Single Ladies, Tina Turner's Simply the Best and the piece de resistance Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline.

Dubz

The other songs are good standard drunken sing alongs! Perhaps that's how I should hear BEP's!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 09 Oct, 2011 10:10 PM Quote
You know what lyric has always bothered me? I know I'm a stickler for grammar, but, ugh!
John Mellencamp's "Small Town"
I cannot forget from where it is that I come from.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 10 Oct, 2011 2:00 AM Quote
Just heard this one... you the whole package plus you pay your taxes... I think the song is called Nothin on You or maybe Beautiful Girls? It's by some rapper and Bruno Mars. I can't be bothered by looking it up and fact checking.

rella
rella Posted Mon 10 Oct, 2011 2:08 PM Quote
Give Peace a Chance

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Oct, 2011 10:10 PM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
Just heard this one... you the whole package plus you pay your taxes... I think the song is called Nothin on You or maybe Beautiful Girls? It's by some rapper and Bruno Mars. I can't be bothered by looking it up and fact checking.

Tax evasion is totally a turn off :P
The other day I realized that one of his songs refers to alcohol as 'dancing juice.' uuigggghhhhhh

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 11 Oct, 2011 1:53 AM Quote
'Don't Pass Me By' by The Beatles

Ringo sings "I'm sorry that I doubted you. I was so unfair. You were in a car crash, and you lost your hair"

Just. Bizarre.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 11 Oct, 2011 4:00 AM Quote
The entirety of Summer Girls by LFO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHuGG_FsC20

A Link for those of you too young to remember / never had the pleasure. XD

It used to enrage me so much that I wrote a parody about my rage.

That included lines like:

They really have no clue.
Denis Franz is on NYPD Blue.
and I think anyone can write dumb lyrics like these (like these)

and

These guys that girls think are so fine
Put words in just because they rhyme.

I don't remember the whole thing but I know I used "Deodorant goes under your armpits" in the place where the Chinese food line is. XD

The National has a lot of strange lyrics. I dunno, maybe they have a deeper meaning, and I wouldn't necessarily call them dumb, but occasionally I catch myself singing along and wonder what the hell is going on. XD

Like: "This River is full of Lost Sharks"

or

"I swear I just saw a feathery woman carry a blindfolded man through the trees." (Which I think is about an angel or something, but still...that isn't the imagery it conjures up when it's just a line sitting out here by itself without context. I actually think of the Chicken lady from Kids In the Hall!)

I kinda want to do a series of strange illustrations based on National lyrics. XD

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 11 Oct, 2011 6:54 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

The other day I realized that one of his songs refers to alcohol as 'dancing juice.' uuigggghhhhhh

I've heard whiskey referred to as "Singing Ginger", Ginger is a generic term given to all fizzy drinks in Scotland (i.e. Pop or Soda)

Dubz

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 12 Oct, 2011 2:45 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:
carlottarocks wrote:

I've heard whiskey referred to as "Singing Ginger", Ginger is a generic term given to all fizzy drinks in Scotland (i.e. Pop or Soda)

Dubz

dancing juice and singing ginger are both apropriate for me as I only dance and/or sing while under the influence. And then, naturally, I'm quite good.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:11 PM