Travis

Re: Travis writing!!!!!!!!!
babbelerik
babbelerik Posted Tue 07 Feb, 2012 8:11 AM Quote
"at Keane HQ writing with Travis in the heart of the Raymond Briggs Snowman country."

Fran Healy on twitter

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 09 Feb, 2012 10:20 PM Quote

Thank you soo much for sharing this note, I'm really excited too... It has been 3 -loong- years on sabbatical!!! I miss Travis soo much and I hope to hear new songs soon!!

mili
mili Posted Sat 18 Feb, 2012 9:41 AM Quote
From Fran's website
"
TRAVIS 2012
12 February 2012
Just spent the past week at the bottom of England at the studio of one Tim Rice Oxley of a band called Keane. It was a heady week. Much music played. Much wine drunk. We even sojourned to the infamous Beachy Head where many people take there own lives each year. While there we noticed some mobile clergy in a cool marked for business priest auto. They patrol the area looking for potential suiciders. Lots of little memorials there right at the edge of the country. Here is a pic of us in a classic band pose. That’s the thing with bands. If you are in one long enough, you naturally compose yourself so even casual shots look like Anton Anton Corbijn himself has shot them…"

http://www.franhealy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BEACHYHEADTRAVIS.jpg

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Sun 19 Feb, 2012 1:11 PM Quote
I think you can write off this year (literally) if you want the next Travis album, they'll be done halfway through next year I reckon.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 19 Feb, 2012 10:40 PM Quote
Beat Poet wrote:
I think you can write off this year (literally) if you want the next Travis album, they'll be done halfway through next year I reckon.

I expect it this year, to be honest.

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Fri 02 Mar, 2012 1:04 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

@franhealy I knew I was getting ahead of myself! Do you think the new album will be out this year?

@Alphamoongirl definitely not this year

Told you so!

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Fri 02 Mar, 2012 1:06 AM Quote
Fran says 'definitey not this year', damn, we'll have to wait even more

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 Mar, 2012 1:31 PM Quote
Beat Poet wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

@franhealy I knew I was getting ahead of myself! Do you think the new album will be out this year?

@Alphamoongirl definitely not this year

Told you so!

Yeah, well done ;) Though, considering it's been over 4 years since they wrote Ode To J Smith, I'd say my expectation had solid foundations. Especially considering Fran said he wanted to write and release albums much quicker in the future. Seems that new found philosophy lasted one album, and in fact it's now going to be their biggest gap between albums... by far! Expecting something great, hopefully I won't be wrong in that...

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Sun 04 Mar, 2012 2:41 PM Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if it came out a little more like 12 Mem, which would be bloody brilliant.

cornax
cornax Posted Fri 30 Mar, 2012 12:29 PM Quote
From Fran's twitter this morning:

New Travis album forming as we spin about each of the most attractive compositions... Forming like a solar system. A very enjoyable process.

Swan269
Swan269 Posted Wed 04 Apr, 2012 6:12 PM Quote
@franhealy when is the new Travis album coming out?

19h Fran Healy ‏ @franhealy
RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite
· Close Open Details @limon04515 New Travis will come first half of 2013. But don't tell anyone...

Seems like things are moving well for the guys

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 04 Apr, 2012 6:58 PM Quote
He always changes his mind. Haha. A few months ago, on a radio interview, he said we could expect a Travis album in 2012 ;) Whenever it comes, I have faith it will be brilliant :)

Beat Poet
Beat Poet Posted Sat 07 Apr, 2012 5:29 PM Quote
The first half of 2013 is a fair enough target I think, though to meet that they would have to begin recording for real before the end of this year.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sat 07 Apr, 2012 7:28 PM Quote
I know I am late catching up on this news......but, HOLY MOLY!!! I am sooooo excited.

The weird thing is, I haven't been on here for over 12 months, just spent the last hour in the tub listening to 12 memories. I was thinking to myself 'Will Travis EVER make another album?', I pop on here to see if there is any news and I find out there is a new album in the pipeline!!!!!!

Guys, it's been a long wait but I am sure it will be worth it. So glad that we are getting another album gifted to us, your music really is the soundtrack to my life.

Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Shinichi
Shinichi Posted Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:53 PM Quote
I hope it's a combination of sounds of all their previous albums..From raw, mellow, pop, dark, sweet, rock!

And hopefully great b-sides as well which reminds me of Ballad of J smith,My Last Chance,Life and Soul of the Party,This Love and Blue Flashing Light!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:35 AM