Travis

Long Time No See
Melinda
Melinda Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 6:37 AM Quote
I can't remember the last time I visited this board or communicated with any of my old chums here. I tend to just check Fran's place regularly as well as the twitter account.

Tonight, I was sitting in my room and "The Weight" of all songs came into my head. I couldn't get it out. It's been a while since I've sat and listened to my b-sides collection. A you tube search brought me a few great versions, one was life at Glasto 2000. Yikes. I have been a Travis fan now since 1999. Amazing.

I know it sounds corny, but those of you old timers might remember I'm corny. I miss Travis. July 2nd of this year was the 10 year anniversary since I first saw them live. I'll never for get that day; my first view of Andy was when he came out in a Superman shirt, fag in his mouth, and played a song with Emiliana Torrini.

Boy have I grown up in major ways over these last 10 years. There were really two bands that defined various stages of my life, the Smashing Pumpkins when I was a teen and Travis through my twenties and thirties.

Saw Fran a few times last year, and it was beautiful. Enjoyed him and Andy for 4 nights here in LA in 2009 and that was amazing.

Anyone still around? Sara Anna? Edel? Mel? Haz?

Re: Long Time No See
Sunny
Sunny Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 4:19 PM Quote
Hi Melinda,

Sarah Anna hasn't been here in years, although if you're lurking Sarah, say hello! :-)

Harry posted not so long ago on the other side of the board: here

Edel's on the other side of the board too.

Edel
Edel Posted Sun 10 Jul, 2011 12:32 AM Quote
I'm everywhere Sunny ;0) Melinda, its great to 'see' you again. Stay in touch (says she who is crap at that -ask Sunny;0)) But do stick around or pop your head in once in a while. Would love to hear whats going on with you now

Melinda
Melinda Posted Wed 13 Jul, 2011 6:39 AM Quote
Thanks Sunny for the info!

Edel! How are you doing? If you're on the facebook look me up. I'm divorced and remarried, life's really good. My facebook email is melindatravels at gmail dot com

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:05 PM