Travis

The Worst Movie I've Ever Seen
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 5:56 PM Quote
Inspired by Kayte's mystery most hated film...

What are yours?
Mine are Transformers 2 and Reign of Fire. HATE. HATE. HATE

Re: The Worse Movie I've Ever Seen
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:09 PM Quote
Enchanted

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:15 PM Quote
Instead of just naming the film, I think we need an explanation of why the movie was so horrible, too.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:22 PM Quote
I try to block the memory of a bad one but , gone in 60 seconds the sound of thunder , gangs of new york pop into my brain

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:31 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Enchanted

Dubz

Ha, that doesnt seem like your type of film. I thought it was okay, but then again, Im a girl and I took my 9 year old cousin to see it.

Reign of Fire was just awful and I dont really remember why as it was years ago. I saw it at a dusk till dawn showing at the drive in one summer, and even the Country Bears was better. I do have fond memories of that evening, however.
Transformers 2, which I also saw at the drive in, was SO SO SO bad, and had no plot and i have little knowledge of Transformers so I had no idea what was going on or who was good and who was bad. I slept in my trunk for most of it because I couldnt take how bad it was.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:32 PM Quote
Something's Gotta Give
(I'm sorry but I disagree with "the Academy": Diane Keaton was AWFUL in this movie.)

and

What Dreams May Come
(two male friends of mine claim this their favourite movie ever. I don't get it. It's KITSCH OVERKILL at its worst!)

oh yes, and Gangs of New York, of course. I can't believe I actually went to the cinema to see it, thinking it'd be great... aaargh...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 8:11 PM Quote
I am glad to see I am not the only one who hated Gangs of New York. Three times, THREE TIMES, I thought the movie was about to end and it kept on going...on and on and on. Soooo boring. This has to be the end...ok now this has to be the end...ok, THIS HAS TO BE THE END! But no.... I was ready to scream by the end of this movie.

Re: The Worst Movie I've Ever Seen
deebee
deebee Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 7:41 AM Quote
Robin Hood Men In Tights. It's the only time I've ever fallen asleep in a cinema zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 8:48 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
Robin Hood Men In Tights. It's the only time I've ever fallen asleep in a cinema zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

BUT..."we're Robin Hood, we're men in tights, tight tights!"
It has super funny moments. Like when he is drowning in 2 inches of water.

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 11:36 AM Quote
Ok there were a couple of moments which made me chuckle but even the tight tights couldn't hold my attention long enough.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:14 PM Quote
There are many but The Lake House and National Treasure stick out as particularly cringe worthy.

I can't really explain how I ended up seeing either of them. I think perhaps I have multiple personalities and another one of them made the decision but I unfortunately ended up watching it.

The Lake House is horrid because the plot is ridiculous and the acting is awful. Keanu Reeves should stick to only saying "dude" and "whoah."

National Treasure....OK I know you need to suspend reality to enjoy Hollywood stuff like this but in the beginning when he explained how he found the ship or whatever that was buried in Antarctica by calculating wind stuff blah blah blah I really questioned the society I live in.

This is when Nicolas Cage moved from the "he's making bad choices list" to my enemy.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:19 PM Quote
I also hated Gangs of New York.

Kayte, is this your most hated film or is there another one?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 5:36 PM Quote
I thought Gangs of New York was OK, It's not great and it's totally unbelievable in places, Leonardo de Crapprio is totally mis-cast , Daniel Day Lewis hams it up totally, but the supporting cast are pretty good especially Brendan Gleeson.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 5:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I also hated Gangs of New York.

Kayte, is this your most hated film or is there another one?

Gangs has now moved to the #2 spot.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 27 Feb, 2011 5:53 PM Quote
Nooo, I was trying to never ever think of The Lake House ever again! Thanks a lot, Anne. The most irritating scene for me was when they danced to a (horrible) Paul McCartney song. I couldn't get the stupid tune out of my head for WEEKS after watching the stupid movie...

There are some movies that are so bad you can't watch them without laughing at their sheer awfulness, like A Cinderella Story... And I think The Lake House would've been much better if there'd been a scene where Keanu Reeves enters a room in a black costume and mask yelling "Have no fear, Zorro is here!". SO much better.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:30 AM