Re: Sharing Travis b-sides
brenrogers
brenrogers Posted Sat 23 Apr, 2011 3:17 PM Quote
oohhhh.. add me please.

brendan.rogers90@gmail.com

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:35 AM Quote
I added a couple of live sets. The first one, I'm not actually sure where it's from. The bootleg CD I bought claimed it was from the Glasgow Barrowlands but everything I can find about it online suggests it is the Glasgow Garage gig from the 27th of May 1999. Maybe Fran or someone can have a listen and set the record straight. The second one is the VH1 Storytellers set.

EDIT: Having had another listen to it just now, I'm pretty sure it's from The Garage. At the start of 'She's So Strange' Fran stops and says to the crowd, "See, you know this one already!" which suggests that it must be from around the time The Man Who was released. Since it was released on the 24th of May, the Garage gig seems the more likely. Just call me Columbo.

catriona
catriona Posted Wed 27 Apr, 2011 2:08 PM Quote
I'm pretty sure that gig at the garage was broadcast on Steve Lamacq's show as I remember being interviewed in the queue on the way in. I have it on cassette tape somewhere taped off the radio. I also seem to remember that 'She's So Strange' was available before The Man Who came out as one of the tracks on those CDs you get free on magazines (possibly Melody Maker). Dunno if any of that helps or hinders?

Craig
Craig Posted Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:47 AM Quote
cgw@orange.net

hayjdue99
hayjdue99 Posted Sun 08 May, 2011 11:21 PM Quote
Heh... That deletion *might* have been my doing. I am a dropbox newbie... To make up for it I could re-upload everything, if you would re-add me. hayjude99@gmail.com

I also have about 4GB worth of just live performances... Consolation?

Many (many) apologies

andytan
andytan Posted Wed 15 Jun, 2011 5:55 AM Quote
sorry i know i am kinda late to this but pls add me!
thanks!
i only have a few singles with their bsides & wld love getting them all
andytanhw@hotmail.com
thanks!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:02 AM Quote
hayjdue99 wrote:
Heh... That deletion *might* have been my doing. I am a dropbox newbie... To make up for it I could re-upload everything, if you would re-add me. hayjude99@gmail.com

I also have about 4GB worth of just live performances... Consolation?

Many (many) apologies

Haha no worries.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:03 AM Quote
andytan wrote:
sorry i know i am kinda late to this but pls add me!
thanks!
i only have a few singles with their bsides & wld love getting them all
andytanhw@hotmail.com
thanks!

Added.

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Fri 17 Jun, 2011 8:17 PM Quote
Hi um
So this dropbox thing, is totally free right? I don't understand how the free version only allows 2GB of storage, but since everyone is adding files to this, the folder must be pretty big (over 2GB) right? So wouldn't it cost money? (or not??) sorry for the stupid question, I hope it made sense.
....may I please be added? j.h1820@yahoo.com

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Fri 17 Jun, 2011 11:27 PM Quote
Sorry for posting again, but why did my name appear as "Dypebooggep"?? That most certainly is not my name/username lol

mili
mili Posted Sat 18 Jun, 2011 9:21 AM Quote
Dypebooggep wrote:
Hi um
So this dropbox thing, is totally free right? I don't understand how the free version only allows 2GB of storage, but since everyone is adding files to this, the folder must be pretty big (over 2GB) right? So wouldn't it cost money? (or not??) sorry for the stupid question, I hope it made sense.

The owner of the box pays for extra space (I use it for work purposes, and pay a yearly fee). Also, the more people you introduce to the system, the more free space you get, so I hope the amount of the subscribers of the B-sides box have made the free space big enough.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 18 Jun, 2011 4:28 PM Quote
Dypebooggep wrote:
Hi um

Hi. The current size of the Travis b-sides folder is around 400MB and contains at least 50 tracks so we're OK space-wise so far, so long as we don't go mental. :) And so it doesn't seem we'll need to pay for any upgrades in space no.

I've added you now so you should get an email linking you to it. Enjoy!

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Sun 19 Jun, 2011 12:38 AM Quote
Ah okay, makes sense...Thanks to both of you :)

Dypebooggep
Dypebooggep Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 5:35 AM Quote
I added a few b-sides :D

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 20 Jun, 2011 1:18 PM Quote
Nice one. :)

Has anybody got a higher bit-rate file of "20" by the way? I'd quite like one. If anyone notices they've got a higher-quality version of a song by the way, feel free to replace the existing one with it. So long as we don't go over-the-top and use up all our Dropbox space!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:54 AM