Travis

My 1st Solo EP
mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Sat 01 Jan, 2011 8:34 PM Quote
Used to hand round the board quite a bit a few years ago, and have been on from time to time. just thought i'd let you guys hear my new EP

http://www.petermcveigh.com/media.html

http://www.myspace.com/petermcveighmusic

both on my website and myspace.

would be great to get opinons on it. won't be released until march!

Re: My 1st Solo EP
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 01 Jan, 2011 8:58 PM Quote
Kinda busy this evening but I am an opinionated git so I will try to listen to it tomorrow and let you know what I think, fair enough ?

Dubz

mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 1:22 AM Quote
More than Fair!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 1:49 PM Quote
Really good tunes! "Dancing" is my favourite :)
Good luck! ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 3:30 PM Quote
In my opinion (and please bear in mind this is only my opinion)...

Technically it's very good, you are obviously very talented. I could easily see these songs being used on one of those American teen soap thingies, One Tree Creek or whatever it's called. "Judas" sounds like I've heard it before but I don't think I have, which, as someone once told me the mark of a good pop song.

That said, for me it just doesn't "grab" me, it is as good as anything else out there but I'm afraid that's it. I don't know what it needs to make it that wee bit more special but for me it's slightly lacking. Again this is only my opinion and it's a genre I'm not a huge fan of (or know a lot about) anyway.

Best of luck with the whole venture, I really do hope you catch the breaks and make it.

Dubz

mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 4:54 PM Quote
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen!

Yeah i think the 1st rule of writing songs is write them for yourself, as if you try to write them for other people it'll sound forced and fake. I love pop rock always have and set out to write songs that I would enjoy listening too.

I love acoustic and folk and R&B and write all of those also, the issue then comes when you've say 200 songs lol and you've to put together a 4 track EP for pitching. You're pitching them to business people really as an investment so you tend to head more towards songs with impact or hooks.

But i'm happy with the tunes, think for 2 days recording in a studio and 2 days mixing its a great representation of whats to come. If i'd had 3 - 4 months like alot of artists.

EXCITED :)

mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 4:54 PM Quote
double post

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 5:26 PM Quote
mcveighp wrote:
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen!

Yeah i think the 1st rule of writing songs is write them for yourself, as if you try to write them for other people it'll sound forced and fake. I love pop rock always have and set out to write songs that I would enjoy listening too.

I love acoustic and folk and R&B and write all of those also, the issue then comes when you've say 200 songs lol and you've to put together a 4 track EP for pitching. You're pitching them to business people really as an investment so you tend to head more towards songs with impact or hooks.

But i'm happy with the tunes, think for 2 days recording in a studio and 2 days mixing its a great representation of whats to come. If i'd had 3 - 4 months like alot of artists.

EXCITED :)

Do you mean R&B as in Usher & Alicia Keys or R&B as in Dr Feelgood & Nine Below Zero ??

I meant to mention that. It's a very good collection, they suit each other, while being slightly different in style. I know of others who would have been tempted to put 4 songs on it that sound pretty much alike whereas you have been a bit braver.

Dubz

mcveighp
mcveighp Posted Sun 02 Jan, 2011 6:34 PM Quote
R&B as in the fake new stuff! lol

Maybe more a twist or rock and R&B onerepublic style tho that guy is writing all the mainstream beyoance and riiana stuff! <<< can't spell the names and couldn't be arsed googling! lol

but i'm a fan of Nine below zero!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:40 PM