Travis

New Fran date with band
SamHolden
SamHolden Posted Mon 01 Nov, 2010 9:48 PM Quote
from his site

12.16.2010 – Bowery Ballroom – NYC (with Band)

will that be Travis?

Re: New Fran date with band
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 01 Nov, 2010 10:13 PM Quote
I really don't think it would be Travis. That would be a surprise. However, it is strange it's only for one gig.

jocelyn
jocelyn Posted Tue 02 Nov, 2010 6:09 PM Quote
i think that its not going to be acoustic...its going to be with a band (not travis,the band that help fran)like we hear in the album dont you think?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 02 Nov, 2010 9:42 PM Quote
I do think so, but for just one gig? Be interesting to see what happens.

elodie
elodie Posted Tue 02 Nov, 2010 10:36 PM Quote
OMG he's going to play with Paul, don't you think so???

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Wed 03 Nov, 2010 3:14 AM Quote
what is strange is that its the last show, it almost seems as if its going to be something BIG and then an announcement at the end of the show or something haha

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 03 Nov, 2010 5:01 AM Quote
Maybe the band will be Treivis?

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 07 Nov, 2010 8:56 PM Quote
No Travis. But it means he's got a band for when he does his own shows, not as opener.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 07 Nov, 2010 11:08 PM Quote
That's not right because he's already does his own shows and he hasn't had a band. And he's got more headline shows planned before the end of the year, however only one of them is listed as having a band. :)

mili
mili Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2010 7:03 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Maybe the band will be Treivis?

LOL

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2010 8:14 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
That's not right because he's already does his own shows and he hasn't had a band. And he's got more headline shows planned before the end of the year, however only one of them is listed as having a band. :)

I think Fran is quite limited by what he can do accoustically Ben. Having a band would give him a greater choice of songs, for example, Shadow Boxing wasn't on the setlist in London (possibly because it would be a hard song to do with just one guitar and without the other musical arrangements)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2010 12:01 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I think Fran is quite limited by what he can do accoustically Ben. Having a band would give him a greater choice of songs, for example, Shadow Boxing wasn't on the setlist in London (possibly because it would be a hard song to do with just one guitar and without the other musical arrangements)

Yes, I totally agree. ;)

I'm just saying it's strange he only has one gig listed as having a band. All the others just say 'headline'. Yet the last one is 'with band'. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2010 1:28 PM Quote
Maybe the last gig is a trial run for a future tour (she says thinking positively haha!!!)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 09 Nov, 2010 3:37 PM Quote
That could be it. Let's hope so. ;)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 10 Nov, 2010 5:28 PM Quote
Hope he brings the band to the New Glasgow Show its a pretty big venue not sure if just Fran on his own would be enough i saw Badly Drawn Boy there the other day and he done a mix of solo and band stuff which would be perfect.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:24 AM