Travis

   
Re: Things I have realized
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 3:16 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
The only way I could hate the song "Crocodile Rock" more than I already do is if Nickelback did a remake of it.


but the biggest kick I ever got, was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock!
Elton is a daddy now!
 
Re: Things I have realized
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 4:05 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
The only way I could hate the song "Crocodile Rock" more than I already do is if Nickelback did a remake of it.


but the biggest kick I ever got, was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock!
Elton is a daddy now!


Why do you hate me?
 
Re: Things I have realized
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 4:11 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
The only way I could hate the song "Crocodile Rock" more than I already do is if Nickelback did a remake of it.


but the biggest kick I ever got, was doing a thing called the Crocodile Rock!
Elton is a daddy now!


Why do you hate me?


can that question be open to everyone? ;)
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 8:52 PM Quote
This is the Crocodile Rock in Millport (west coast of Scotland)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42170000/jpg/_42170152_millport416.jpg

Wonder if it's still there.


Dubz
 
Re: Things I have realized
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Wed 29 Dec, 2010 9:58 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
The only way I could hate the song "Crocodile Rock" more than I already do is if Nickelback did a remake of it.


it pop up on glee ? How could you hate the crocodile rock ?
 
Re: Things I have realized
weirdmom
Posts: 7598
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 1:12 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
The only way I could hate the song "Crocodile Rock" more than I already do is if Nickelback did a remake of it.


it pop up on glee ? How could you hate the crocodile rock ?


I heard it on the radio and was reminded of my lifelong hatred of that song. I cannot understand liking that song. Under any circumstances.
 
Re: Things I have realized
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 2:14 AM Quote
"Crocodile Rock" isn't a great song, but "Honky Cat" and "Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting" are much worse for me.
 
Re: Things I have realized
ricv64
Posts: 10115
ricv64 Posted Thu 30 Dec, 2010 2:51 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
"Crocodile Rock" isn't a great song, but "Honky Cat" and "Saturday Night's All Right for Fighting" are much worse for me.


They're the better songs Kayte . Not as great as Texas love song but almost as good
 
Re: Things I have realized
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Fri 31 Dec, 2010 5:50 PM Quote
I have realized that I need a step-stool in almost every room in the house.
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 10 Jan, 2011 3:39 PM Quote
I have realised just how much I love my flat, it'cosy, it's full of food and drink, interweb, cable tv, books, dvds and playstation. It's horrible outside and I don't need to go anywhere I can just stay here in joggies and a football jersey. Yeah I know it's lazy but... meh, wha' else cha gonna do ??


Dubz
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 17 Jan, 2011 4:24 PM Quote
Misericordiae as in The Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Dublin just means Mercy.


Dubz
 
Re: Things I have realized
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 4:00 PM Quote
I didn't realize this, but it was on the news this morning on NPR. It is illegal to import haggis into the United States.
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 4:09 PM Quote
It's been the case for quite some time, the whole "Foot and Mouth" outbreak a few years (UK 2001 & again in 2007) ago meant that you couldn't personally import any meat products from the UK (in Ireland anyway) I remember smuggling 12 Haggis (what the fuck is the plural - Haggis, Haggissess, Haggi ???) from Paisley to Dublin for friends in Ireland, most of whom were Irish rather than my Scots friends. It went as far as Cork and Kilkenny.


Dubz
 
Re: Things I have realized
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 4:12 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
It's been the case for quite some time, the whole "Foot and Mouth" outbreak a few years (UK 2001 & again in 2007) ago meant that you couldn't personally import any meat products from the UK (in Ireland anyway) I remember smuggling 12 Haggis (what the fuck is the plural - Haggis, Haggissess, Haggi ???) from Paisley to Dublin for friends in Ireland, most of whom were Irish rather than my Scots friends. It went as far as Cork and Kilkenny.


Dubz


I like "haggi" even if it isn't correct. :)
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 4:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I like "haggi" even if it isn't correct. :)


There are plenty who agree with you.

From now on when using the plural I shall be referring to Haggi or Haggii.


Dubz
 
Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times GMT Current Time 10:25 AM
Post Reply