Travis

   
Re: Things I have realized
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Thu 01 Sep, 2011 12:24 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
resurrected my account on twitter, then realised:

- I don't really know people who use twitter on a every-day basis
- I still don't really get it.

So now, I'm reading a book. On Twitter.


Book on Twitter? Where?
I lurk there on daily bases, but rarely tweet.
 
Re: Things I have realized
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Thu 01 Sep, 2011 1:11 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
resurrected my account on twitter, then realised:

- I don't really know people who use twitter on a every-day basis
- I still don't really get it.

So now, I'm reading a book. On Twitter.


maybe it is because many of my friends are super socially engaged, but I find it super helpful. Besides talking to friends it is good for company info, band info, JOBS, breaking news, etc etc. I'm pretty sure that every major event in the last couple years, I have gotten more info from twitter, than normal media.
 
Re: Things I have realized
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Thu 01 Sep, 2011 1:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
resurrected my account on twitter, then realised:

- I don't really know people who use twitter on a every-day basis
- I still don't really get it.

So now, I'm reading a book. On Twitter.


maybe it is because many of my friends are super socially engaged, but I find it super helpful. Besides talking to friends it is good for company info, band info, JOBS, breaking news, etc etc. I'm pretty sure that every major event in the last couple years, I have gotten more info from twitter, than normal media.


Yes, the amount of info about the earthquake in Japan, Libya, London looting etc on Twitter was amazing. Not all of it true, though.
I follow one guy in Japan, and from his tweets I heard about most of the quakes before from the press.
 
Re: Things I have realized
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Thu 01 Sep, 2011 3:03 PM Quote
The earthquake and tornado last week... All on twitter. There are very few 'big stories' that I don't first hear about on twitter. Mostly through tweeting trends. Especially celeb deaths
 
Re: Things I have realized
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Thu 01 Sep, 2011 5:00 PM Quote
Mili, this is the book I'm reading:
http://www.amazon.com/Twitter-Book-Tim-OReilly/dp/0596802811

so, since you two seem to know your stuff, please tell me HOW do I start? What programs do I need? H.e.l.p. ;P

I am NOT using twitter with my phone, btw, I have the most simple mobile phone you could ever imagine (well, these days) and am very happy with it, lol :D
 
Re: Things I have realized
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Thu 01 Sep, 2011 5:34 PM Quote
I'm on my computer, and from it at twitter.com.
I've searched interesting subjects and people and follow them. Sometimes people I follow follow someone interesting, so I join in. With the big news days it's all about trending, and finding the most effective #words to follow.
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 02 Sep, 2011 11:08 PM Quote
People (in general) are not interested in something/someone until they are told they can't have it, it doesn't even need to be so far as "You can't have it",

Stop playing mind-fuck fucking games,

If you want it, take it and if you don't and, if it fucks off elsewhere, you had your fucking chance now let it lie in pastures new.

Stop fucking with people's heads, usually they love you simply because they do, if you wanna take the chance on finding something better, good luck to you, but you can't have it both ways. You made your choice, fucking live with it.

I still care about you, deeply, but I really don't give a shit about your new boyfriend, and I especially don't give a shit about.... ya da da da,

Fucking sort it out


Dubz
 
Re: Things I have realized
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Sat 03 Sep, 2011 4:53 AM Quote
I think Dubz has been on the bevy haha.
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 03 Sep, 2011 6:54 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
I think Dubz has been on the bevy haha.


Was indeed, now I'm awake since 6:00am on my day off.

Sorry for the rant but got a phone call totally out of the blue from an ex last night who said, and I quote, "I don't want to be with you but I don't want anyone else to be with you either as it makes me jealous" wtf is that all about ???


Dubz
 
Re: Things I have realized
megg_inc
Posts: 3778
megg_inc Posted Sat 03 Sep, 2011 7:27 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sorry for the rant but got a phone call totally out of the blue from an ex last night who said, and I quote, "I don't want to be with you but I don't want anyone else to be with you either as it makes me jealous" wtf is that all about ???


Dubz


Saying that is not cool but I would say feeling this way is rather natural after a break up.
 
Re: Things I have realized
monkey
Posts: 1580
monkey Posted Sat 03 Sep, 2011 8:31 PM Quote
That's women for you mate!, shit crazy, all of them. Their brains don't function properly. If more blokes looked like johnny depp, it give gayness a go!
 
Re: Things I have realized
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Sun 04 Sep, 2011 7:54 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Their brains don't function properly.


ya, that's not going to help you. ever.
 
Re: Things I have realized
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 04 Sep, 2011 8:55 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Sorry for the rant but got a phone call totally out of the blue from an ex last night who said, and I quote, "I don't want to be with you but I don't want anyone else to be with you either as it makes me jealous" wtf is that all about ???


Dubz


Saying that is not cool but I would say feeling this way is rather natural after a break up.


That maybe so Megg, but 5 fucking years after said break up. I think she's just cuckoo.


minnmess wrote:
monkey wrote:
Their brains don't function properly.


ya, that's not going to help you. ever.


May not be helpful but... the lad does have a point.


Dubz
 
Re: Things I have realized
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Sun 04 Sep, 2011 10:18 AM Quote
mili wrote:
I'm on my computer, and from it at twitter.com.
I've searched interesting subjects and people and follow them. Sometimes people I follow follow someone interesting, so I join in. With the big news days it's all about trending, and finding the most effective #words to follow.


I can't even choose a name. I'm never going to get this *lol*
 
Re: Things I have realized
megg_inc
Posts: 3778
megg_inc Posted Sun 04 Sep, 2011 2:34 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
That's women for you mate!, shit crazy, all of them. Their brains don't function properly.


And coming up with offensive general statements about women just screams class! intelligence! catch!. I don't know Andrew, maybe you should start searching for that Depp lookalike...

Scottish Dubliner wrote:


That maybe so Megg, but 5 fucking years after said break up. I think she's just cuckoo.

Dubz


OK, after 5 years it's weird.
 
Pages Previous 1...13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Next All Times GMT Current Time 11:27 AM
Post Reply